Layout Question

Bryk

n3wb
Reaction score
I searched on "camera layout" but didn't see an answer to this question. I have 14 cameras and use 1:3 4-up for my Layout. Can I select which 4 cameras will be enlarged in the 4-up layout? Whenever I try to "drag" a camera to the 4-up layout, it simply selects that camera.

I do have one of the cameras selected as "Move to first layout position", but don't know how to select the remaining three

If you can't select which cameras will be in the 4-up display, does anyone know how BI ends up making the selection? Doesn't look like it is IP address. Doesn't look like it is based on camera name.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try unselecting "Solo selected camera". It is the little green camera symbol in the lower left corner of the PTZ control panel.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I discovered that, when in multi-camera display mode and using the slider above the 'All Cameras" drop down, one can resize the displays. Then, when the larger camera view is not the one you want, you can drag-drop the frames to reorder the display. (Note: I only have 3 cameras)

Bill: I wonder if when using the 'Move to first layout position' you were to first select the 4th camera, then the 3rd, then the 2nd, and then the 1st camera that you want, whether the software will then reorder the indexes?

Another idea might be to group the 4 cameras you want to view, and use the drop-down from 'All Cameras" to the new group named "Fave Four".

Last edited:

Bryk

n3wb
Reaction score
hltljohn's suggestion did it. I unselected "Solo selected camera" and was able to dag-drop. Thank you so much! And, thanks as well, DLONG2, for the grouping suggestion...I may also end up doing that, too.