Leaving DS-2CD2032-I in day mode at night

csop96

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2032-I located in a downtown metropolitan area. I'd like the camera to stay in day mode so that the city skyline is in color. I've tried switching the Day/Night Switch to Day but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Also, I have noticed that I do not see the green "save successful" appear on the screen.

I've also tried scheduling the camera to keep it at day mode later in the night but it continues to switch over to black/white.

Anyone know why I can't get the camera to stay in a color mode at night?

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
Are you using a browser on windows with the Hikvision plugin installed? I've found a number of settings in the cameras won't stick if saved on a non-windows OS, or without the correct plugin installed.

csop96

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you using a browser on windows with the Hikvision plugin installed? I've found a number of settings in the cameras won't stick if saved on a non-windows OS, or without the correct plugin installed.
That did it! Tried it from a computer with the plugin installed and settings are saving. Thank you Brad!

Brad_C

Banned
Reaction score
Frustrating isn't it. I keep a Windows XP VM around with IE 8 because I also have a heap of crap Linksys SRW2008P switch which has a buggy web interface and only works properly on IE6-8. I did fix some of the more obvious javascript errors so it works on Firefox, but there are still bits I can't be arsed with that make it work better on IE. Unfortunately these cheap Chinese cameras also work better on Windows with a proprietary plugin, so it gets used for that too.