length of triggered motion

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried to figure out how long a "triggered" motion event is . What I came up with is 10 seconds as long as nothing else continues to trigger it obviously.

can anyone else confirm this?

( yes I guess it might differ from firmware versions , but probably not )

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
with that you mean 5 seconds ? or that I can specify it with the "post-record" setting ?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
with that you mean 5 seconds ? or that I can specify it with the "post-record" setting ?
You can change it to longer using that setting. I thought that was the answer but seemed too obvious. Are we missing something?

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The record settings doesn't have to be the same as the cameras own motion countdown timer. So that is what I was looking for

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The record settings doesn't have to be the same as the cameras own motion countdown timer. So that is what I was looking for

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk
No idea what that is but I'll have a look when I can.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
to be more precise in my question. I had this record setting set to 5 before . I turned OFF recording completely and I set capture settings to send one picture for every time there was a motion trigger. ( interval 0 ) ... that sent me then 1 picture every 10 seconds. So I was tinking if these then are unrelated and there is some default timer in the firmware that specifies 10 seconds in hikvisions cameras or if it´s some way around it

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to admit that I haven't tried this - and I am just guessing - that 'capture number' is 'Number of captures'.
cam48.jpg

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Per motion event as long as it lasts with intervals of 1 second in your case

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk