Lens filter

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been using a wheel witness and the dashboard reflections are way worse than my last dash camera. Anyone using an ND filter to help this out without ruining the night video?

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you'd need a circular polarising filter to cut out the reflections, but either way you'll affect the night vision as it'll reduce the light reaching the lens. There are some designed for dashcams that are magnetically attached so easy to remove but you'd need to search and confirm if any suit your specific one.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
It was a few months ago since last post here so Thought this might help not only you but others.

I use a Hoya Pro on my Viofo A119s and a home made 37mm filter adapter. I find this combination works better than the standard plastic CPL from Viofo.
All the parts can be bought online.

It is not made for the camera but there is always a way to adopt things ( 3M Double Sided tape ) Works wonders :)

A few Pictures below and a small clip to show the great contrast and dynamic range it gives the 119s.

Dropbox - 2018_1110_131104_345.MP4 ( BEST TO DOWNLOAD FOR FULL UNCOMPRESSED VERSION.)

Last edited:

n2qew

n3wb
Reaction score
Old thread, but has current use. You can make your own CPL using the film from 3D glasses from the movies. Tough to get right now, but they do work well. Get a fell for which side and what rotation by looking though them. you will be looking through them from the side that normally haces the screen - the parts that go over your ears will be pointing out.