Lense Condensation

Newbie1977

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi am new to all this however I have just purchased and installed 3 x Hikvision DS-2CD2355FWD-I/GREY 5MP 2.8mm Lens IP67 30 Metre IR Turret. All 3 went up the same in similar positions and all worked fine but then 1 within an hour changed. I have attached pics of one cam working fine and the one which isn’t. Can anyone help tell me what is the issue could be?

Looking at the lense it would appear there’s condensation behind the lense.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If its condensation i dont know, IP67 should keep moisture out..

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So sounds like it’s fault if moisture has got in?
Let them be powered 24H and see if it goes away. Is the environment within camera specs ?

Operating Conditions: | -30 °C ~ 60 °C (-22 °F ~ 140 °F)
Humidity 95% or less (non-condensing)

If extreme cold there could be problems mayby.

Tuckerdude

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Newbie1977,

In my experience, if you have newly purchased these cameras, and you are already having fogging issues, then it can (sometimes) be the moisture trapper. These things are sometimes referred to as "Desiccants"

https://www.amazon.com/20105800-4-Pack-Silica-Desiccant-3-25-Inch/dp/B004N6L9PW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1517065906&sr=8-5&keywords=desiccants

These little packets are usually located behind the lens mechanism and can sometimes be either old, or for whatever reason not working. If the camera is new, I would try to get it exchanged. If you can't do that, then I'd purchase a bag of these and try to replace it. I've had to do that with only a few of my cameras, but it did seem to work.

Hope this helps!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.