License Plate Camera Residential

botics

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Roughly how far out do the license plate cameras pick up a tag? Traffic in front of my home is east and west traveling so I do not even know if a single license plate camera would pick up any tag.

Distance from home is roughly 100 feet or less.

Any input?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Depends on the zoom capabilities of the camera, along with the usable IR distance. I'm reading plates fine at 120ft with a 5231E-Z12E. Angle of attack is also a concern, anymore than about 30 degrees it gets harder.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Depends on the zoom capabilities of the camera, along with the usable IR distance. I'm reading plates fine at 120ft with a 5231E-Z12E. Angle of attack is also a concern, anymore than about 30 degrees it gets harder.
This, and I am doing the same. 120' easily.

botics

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just a guess but I would assume the best place for these cameras would be under a soffit cross crossing each other from fattheat points?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just a guess but I would assume the best place for these cameras would be under a soffit cross crossing each other from fattheat points?
Best to test locations first prior to final mounting. 5gal bucket, 2x4, and rocks makes a portable test rig.
Read here: LPR