Licensing problem

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I rebuilt my NVR computer. Prior to doing so, I exported the settings via the software and deactivated the license.

On the clean build, I imported my settings and can't activate as it says I am using a maintenance key and not the actual key. Looks like I made a mistake in not keeping proper records.

I don't have record of it, any way to get this off of the old drive? I have an email out to support but it's been 3 days.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Where did you buy BI? If from this site, the actual key would be in that email.

Did you ever email BI support in the past? If so, the key would be in that email if you emailed the method BI requests to email with.

Regardless of where you purchased, you should have an email that would have that key.

Short of that, you are at the mercy of BI getting back to you.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like I'll have to wait for support. I ran through your suggestion bp and the auto export and my export is not showing the license info needed with the BiUpdateHelper.

I purchased BI from their site several years ago, I lost the email unfortunately.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the future should you need to deactivate and re-install BI AND you can't locate your license info, first go to BI "Settings" => "About" => "Email Support" and paste your info into a Notepad ".txt" file and save it; it'll help you with the re-validation of the BI license. You can avoid typos by just copying/pasting it in.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well as long as you fill in the name/email fields in Blue Iris Settings > About, then support can access your licenses via that info. It is probably more convenient for them than going through purchase records anyway. Hard to say.

Always best to have your own records so you don't have to rely on someone else's help.