Lightweight Windows Server O/S options

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Blue Iris can be installed on Windows Server Nano, or some other super lightweight version? I've got rack mounted gear, and a hyper-visor server running where at the moment, I have Blue Iris running as a hyper vm with Windows Server 2019 edition. I'd rather skip the GUI as much as possible, and have it running as a service on a lighter weight O/S but not a desktop version of windows and obviously linux is out.

Anyone know if there are some more light weight server options in the Windows realm?

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Blue Iris can be installed on Windows Server Nano, or some other super lightweight version? I've got rack mounted gear, and a hyper-visor server running where at the moment, I have Blue Iris running as a hyper vm with Windows Server 2019 edition. I'd rather skip the GUI as much as possible, and have it running as a service on a lighter weight O/S but not a desktop version of windows and obviously linux is out.

Anyone know if there are some more light weight server options in the Windows realm?
Flashbacks to de-integrating IE from windows 98se. Made a big improvement to performance.