Limitation on WDR setting

reahducks

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

clicking through the interface of my HDBW2431R-ZS-S2 and trying to optimize the image, I noticed something strange: I can't chose WDR from Conditions - Backlight - Mode, only Off, BLC and HLC being available.

After more fiddling and resetting I got it working - but only when Conditions - Picture - Flip is set to 0° or 180°, not when set to 90° or 270°. And the other way around, when having WDR activated, setting Flip to e.g. 90° and hit Save, the UI tells me "Save failed!"

What strange behaviour is this? Is it a limitation of this model or of the 2xxx series? Can you reproduce this?

Regards,
Reah

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We see weird things when the rotate is done. IVS rules don't work either. It appears to happen in all the series from 2xxx thru 5xxx.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi,

clicking through the interface of my HDBW2431R-ZS-S2 and trying to optimize the image, I noticed something strange: I can't chose WDR from Conditions - Backlight - Mode, only Off, BLC and HLC being available.

After more fiddling and resetting I got it working - but only when Conditions - Picture - Flip is set to 0° or 180°, not when set to 90° or 270°. And the other way around, when having WDR activated, setting Flip to e.g. 90° and hit Save, the UI tells me "Save failed!"

What strange behaviour is this? Is it a limitation of this model or of the 2xxx series? Can you reproduce this?

Regards,
Reah
Yeah, I have a 2431 variant (don't have the model number handy). Two are flipped into corridor mode (90 or 270 degree rotation) and WDR isn't available. These aren't on the higher range of Dahua products. Don't get me wrong, mine have worked flawlessly for a camera with 1/3" sensors and without SMD.

My IVS rules (both tripwire and intrusion) work fine flipped.

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
WDR also disappears when the camera is set to 60Hz indoor/outdoor flicker prevention.