Line Crossing - Don't Configure Using NVR Webpage!!

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've just posted this on another forum. It may be of interest to anyone having line crossing issues.

The issue is that the A and B direction on the line crossing gets reversed and does not behave as expected. I first found this with a DS2CD2385-FWD-I running V5.6.x firmware connected to a DS7608NI-K2/8P NVR running 3.4.104 firmware.

I've now found the same issue again. This time it's a DS2CD2346G1 (Acusense 4MP turret) with firmware V5.6.4 connected to a DS7616NI-I2/16P running V4.22.005 firmware.

I've attached pictures showing the issue. The NVR local GUI and Camera web GUI shows A above the line and B below whereas the NVR web GUI shows it the other way round. It seems to "flip" the A & B sides once you rotate the line passed a certain angle of rotation, but this isn't matched throughout the local, web and camera GUI so you end up with a mismatch.

NVR WEB GUI
  • click "draw area" and a vertical line will appear with A on left B on right
  • grab the line at the top and move it through a circle clockwise
  • When you reach 90 degrees horizontal A & B will flip so that B is on top A on bottom
  • When you reach 270 degrees they will flip back again
  • This happens regardless of whether you rotate clockwise or anti clockwise

CAMERA WEB GUI (192.168.254.xxx or via virtual host)
  • click "detection area" and a vertical line will appear with A on left B on right
  • grab the line at the top and move it through a circle clockwise
  • A & B will always stay the same side of the line

So if you program using the web GUI of the NVR and move a line beyond the horizontal position and save it, it will be opposite in the camera even after logging into the camera web GUI and refreshing.

Further testing using the local monitor points the problem directly to the NVR web GUI.

On the local output you can't rotate the line - you can only click the start and end point. If you do this the position of A is always left of the first point you click. Checking the result in both NVR web and camera web pages, the positions of A & B always match the local monitor regardless of the orientation of the line created on the local monitor.

So the NVR webpage can't be used for configuring line crossing without the possibility of direction errors.

NVR Local GUI.JPGCamera Web GUI.pngNVR Web GUI.png