Line crossing event from camera to trigger NVR recording of event

MerNion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the Hikvision NVRs and since I finally managed to make the cameras have internet access, send e-mails and push notifications on various events, I now want to know how can I record on the HDD of the NVR when such an event is triggered.

I have set up the line crossing event from the camera (because the e-mails from the camera have bigger sized images than when set up from the NVR) and on the "Linkage Method" I have only a "Trigger Recording" with "A1" as the only option. I have this selected but I don't know what that really triggers! Recording of what to where? Certainly not on the NVR.. How can I do that?

Thanks!

MerNion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wonder why hikvision products are so complicated.. Different options on the camera than the NVR, more setting on the one, less on the other, different description for the same things.. Like 2 different companies make them and try to match them together.. Anyway, with some mix and match from settings on the camera and the NVR i managed to have the large images on the email attachment and the recording on the nvr.. Which leaves me to wonder what is that "Schedule manager" and what is its use (but i will open another thread for that)