Line Crossing / Intrusion detection

DigitalADHD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No i don't. Is it hard to get the latest firmware for oem?

Attachments

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use IVS (line cross and intrusion zone). MD is not enabled. Works well.
I record 24/7, not just when an event occurs. Disc cost is low, compared to missing something because IVS (or MD) didn't trip.
Secondly, if IVS on cam #1 triggers, I like have recordings from cam #2,3,4, etc. (which didn't trigger)
I have strobe lights set up, they go on when there's an IVS event. Works well.

Instead of struggling to make sure that "Record on Event" is rock solid dependable, consider recording 24/7. The when viewing Playback, check the timeline for the orange IVS events. Just in case you worried that recording 24/7 would require you slog through hours and hours of recordings to find events. (ie: just in case you thought that was the benefit of "Record on Event")

For me, there is no benefit for record on event. My 2TB drive stores 7 days of recording from 6 cams, all 24/7 recording.

Fastb
I am leaning more and more to record 24 hours but also have intrusion events for timeline. I am using Synology Surveillance Station now, It has come a long way since I last used it 3 years ago. It now supports smart events such as line-crossing, Intrusion, ect. It also supports multiple recording settings such as on motion use the resolution and for 24 hour use a different resolution. What resolution do you use for 24 hour recordings vs event recordings?

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My setup must be a lower level the web interface shows nothing but continuous recording, my NVR console does show smart events in green but i guess i have to be at the console.

Do i have it setup wrong? See pics, at 6:36:59 i def set of a "alarm" I got an email and i heard the NVR beep. The trigger is the IVS, the alarm is what happens right, Audible Warning, email, Notify Surveillance Center etc.. correct? That's under linkage method..

I think i am getting closer, if the correct alarming is working i can attempt to use a siren or strobe, but no one will appreciate if they are going off all the time.

I got a line crossing because a bug or fuzzy particle crossed the line.

Thanks!
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to make a recommendation regarding bugs tripping an event, I would advise raising your sensitivity from 20 to a minimum 50 and try it. I have all my mine set to 50 and it works grate, You can adjust from there if needed.