Line Crossing or Motion Detection - advice needed

Stu_c

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all
We have installed a HikVision 7208HUH with a HikVision DS-2C56F7T-AVPIT3Z Anti vandal Dome camera and we have it installed by intercom system by the gates outside our house, I have currently motion detection enabled so if someone pulls up to the gates or goes near the intercom it sees movement it beeps and puts on full screen and we can see them even before they press a button currentlty we seem to be getting a lot of false readings ever after adjusting the motion zone and sensitivity, would it be better to use line crossing detection instead?

just doing a bit more research is it possible to do this so coming in it picks up as an alarm but going out it doesn't similar to this

many thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue, it's getting a lot of false readings. I wonder if the line is too close to the street and the shadows from passing vehicles could be triggering the sensor. I hope someone in the forum can help. Thanks in advance.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Stu_c,

I use Dahua, not Hik. But this issue may apply to both.
I fiddled with MD, setting the area to be monitored. And adjusted sensitivity & threshold. I didn't get satisfactory results. Any motion in any of the colored squares (which define the MD target zone) would trigger an event.
I since moved to IVS, specifically, "tripwire" and "intrusion zone". I place them in the FOV. Then I define the "min object size" and "max object size". The camera looks for moving objects, tracks them, and when they cross the tripwire or wander into the intrusion zone, an event is triggered.

If you're using a camera to control that access gate in your pic, I fear you won't get something very reliable for raising/lowing the gate for vehicles. That strikes me as ambitious, given the wide range things that occur in an outside environment, day & night.

Good luck,
Fastb