linecross snapshot issue

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a linecross setup which ftp's snapshots to my ftp server. The issue is the pictures don't have any timestamps on them. If i reboot the camera it might start working. Anyone else run into this problem?

arw01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the file will be time-stamped, but agree the OSD display would be better. What do you have set up on the OSD configuration?

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the file will be time-stamped, but agree the OSD display would be better. What do you have set up on the OSD configuration?
I have display name date and week checked.. It shows on live view and replay.. But just not on the snap shots.. If I reboot the camera it might work for a little while then stop. Happens on 2 other cams too.. All the same version and firmware.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
is the bottom of the image getting cut off? if so move your time stamp to the top

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All my timestamps are at the top.. It's odd because it works sometimes.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm guessing 5.4 firmware? I got that issue with it as well. No big deal really since the file is saved with date. But hey it supposed to work

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's what im saying.. Not a big deal.. But come on its supposed to work haha

Kieran

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have an R6 series camera? There's an issue with these cameras and the OSD disappearing occasionally, particularly with timing / VCA triggered snapshots.
From the v5.4.0 release notes:

For R6 models, OSD may disappear occasionally. This problem will be solved in V5.5.0.

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have an R6 series camera? There's an issue with these cameras and the OSD disappearing occasionally, particularly with timing / VCA triggered snapshots.
From the v5.4.0 release notes:

For R6 models, OSD may disappear occasionally. This problem will be solved in V5.5.0.
I'm using the 4mp turret.. Those are the only camera's I have the issue with. All have the same firmware.

Kieran

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If it's the DS-2CD2342WD-I 4MP turret then yeah it's part of the R6 series. Unfortunately it seems that this is a known issue with this series which should supposedly be fixed in v5.5.0

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry.. I thought I put the model #! Yes that's the one.. Glad their aware of it and are going to fix it.. Drives me nuts not seeing the timestamps.. Thank you!