Link to Homeseer - syntax?

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hoping soemone may be able to explain in words of one sylable or less.....

I currently have BI v5.x on a windows 10 PC and overall the system is working very well - especially since the change to processing subsystems - my CPU usage has dropped to 10% with 14 cameras - impressed.

I currently have a EZVIZ DB1 doorbell linked to BI and when it is triggered in BI, a http command is sent via IFTTT to turn on a light beside the door. Going via the "cloud" can take quite a while and people can be gone before the light comes on.

I have just installed Homeseer HS4 on the same PC and would like to use it to turn this light on (instead of IFTTT) - can someone please let me know what the syntax of the http command should be for this to work as I am struggling to get it to work? I do NOT have the HS3 BI plugin installed as, so far as I can tell, it should not be required for this operation.

Many thanks.

labbie48

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe you do need the BI plugin installed. This code needs to be input in your alerts' section under the HTTP block : "192.168.1.6:8084/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE"
BTW, you can also trigger an event in HS4 with a MQTT command sent from alerts if you're running a MQTT broker.

Reaction score
You can run events from HomeSeer directly by issuing this command:

192.168.0.2/JSON?user=USER&pass=PASWRD&request=runevent&id=281

This will trigger event #281. To find out the event number, write an event like this:

26E140DE-628C-4947-B7FB-A99C67F1D408.jpeg

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe you do need the BI plugin installed. This code needs to be input in your alerts' section under the HTTP block : "192.168.1.6:8084/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE"
BTW, you can also trigger an event in HS4 with a MQTT command sent from alerts if you're running a MQTT broker.
Many thanks for the information - I will use if Ihave to use the plugin.

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@JNDATHP
Many thnaks for the syntax - I wil lgive this a try before resorting to plugins. Also thanks for the screenshot - may I ask what version of HS you are running as I fail to be able to gett o see such summaries? This could wellbe down to my lack of knowledge of HS4.
Thanks again.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like HS3.

Here is a picture of HS3 and HS4 running. HS4 is running with Jon00 Links plugin.
Homeseer 4 Jon00 links app gives you some HS3 links.

HS3-4.jpg

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@pete_c

Thanks for screen shots - appreciated - I will get to understand HS4 some time....

Do I need to create an event or can syntax control device - light switch?
192.168.0.2/JSON?user=USER&pass=PASWRD&request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=75&value=on - should this syntax work? I ask as I cannot get it do so! 75 is the actual number of the switch on my system - am running windows 10 if it makes any difference.

Thanks again.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do I need to create an event or can syntax control device - light switch?

You just create an event to control a light switch.

Go to the Homeseer Forum. I am Pete on the Homeseer forum (many many years now). Ask about anything related to Homeseer 4.

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@pete_c
Many thanks for info but, you will realise how dense I am, as I have great trouble creating events. For two main reasons, firstly, when I set conditions, save them, then actions and save them - if I try to run the event manually to see if it works my "saved" information appears to get lost and all I see is "this event is triggered manually". I cannot figure out how to get past this. Is there an idiots guide to setting events up you can point me to please?
Secondly, how can I set up an event to control a light switch? When I look at the various "IFs" I have no idea which one to select....Devices changes and becomes ; device has been / for at least ; device has been for exactly ; and so on. With my limited knowledge none of these seem to relate to the device being switched off and being able to avoid going into a perpetual loop of switch on the lamp then when I switch it off again it would immediatley switch back on again.
I am sure all these issue are down to my total lackof knowledge hence my request to find an "idiots guide" to help me learn.
Thanks again for bearing with me.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check out this video for HS4.

Check this link out for creating events in Homeseer 4.

Event Management - Table of contents

Homeseer 3 event creation is a bit easier to navigate.

In your Homeseer web gui use this link for old Homeseer 3 link creation.

/_events.html instead of HS4 events /events.html

Reaction score
Hey pete_c, I recognize you from cocoontech! The boys over there were most helpful in creating some rules for my Elk alarm deployment.

Sorry, I know it's off-topic

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello Steve,

Nice to see you here!!! Very friendly forum and users here.

I've learned much on the Cocoontech forum over the years and written a few DIY blogs over there.