Little help with exposure

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Dahua PTZ SD59225U-HNI . It's picture has been seemingly dark. Something I think I've noticed but not really paid much attention to until today. Even though most of the scene is snow. The image is very dark compared to my other cams (5231s).

snowcameras.JPG

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are your settings? Exp/Gain, iris, etc...

No WDR?
Picture settings:
style: standard
All settings from Brightness to Gamma at factory 50

Exposure settings:
Anti-flicker: Outdoor
Mode: Auto
exposure comp 25

Backlight
WDR - 30

I'm using basically the same settings as my other 2mp starlights

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Turn off WDR, you dont really need it in that scene anyway. Play with increasing Exp Comp

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Turn off WDR, you dont really need it in that scene anyway. Play with increasing Exp Comp
In addition to trying both those things I also played with other exposure settings and brightness. Turning up the brightness just washed everything out. I haven't changed these settings for over a year. Is it possible something is wrong with the camera?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah Brightness will generally do that.

has the image always been like that or is this a recent change?

leave WDR off, exposure Auto and reboot the camera. You did take the plastic film off the lens right ?

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
has the image always been like that or is this a recent change?

leave WDR off, exposure Auto and reboot the camera. You did take the plastic film off the lens right ?
So I think what I have been seeing is a gradual change. Meaning the image wasn't only like this and it didn't happen over night. I've thought it was looking dark but finally I can really tell. Yes plastic film is off. I've had this camera working great I might add for almost 2 years I think. I did reboot the camera as one of my first steps but we'll have another go for it.

I personally haven't read anything about digital cams getting dark over time...so I don't even know if that's a thing that's possible or common. Thanks for assisting!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont own that particular camera but I would try a factory reset.

Reactions: jrf