Live Feed Frozen.

GeneralXTL

n3wb
Reaction score
Currently running 4 cameras with BI 5. Was running fine for months now suddenly the live feed is frozen. If I click on a camera it will update to the current time but not play. All cameras still record either on motion or 24/7 depending on what they are set at and clips come in regularly.
CPU is running at 34% and I can still review recorded clips fine.

Ive tried restarting the program, each camera and the computer but nothing has helped.

I am currently running Blue Iris 4 now and everything is working normally again.

My current ideas are to either try uninstalling BI5 and reinstalling or wait for an update to see if that fixes things. But if someone has run into this problem and knows a fix id love to hear it!

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Currently running 4 cameras with BI 5. Was running fine for months now suddenly the live feed is frozen. If I click on a camera it will update to the current time but not play. All cameras still record either on motion or 24/7 depending on what they are set at and clips come in regularly.
CPU is running at 34% and I can still review recorded clips fine.

Ive tried restarting the program, each camera and the computer but nothing has helped.

I am currently running Blue Iris 4 now and everything is working normally again.

My current ideas are to either try uninstalling BI5 and reinstalling or wait for an update to see if that fixes things. But if someone has run into this problem and knows a fix id love to hear it!
Sure you don't have the pause button clicked on ?Annotation 2019-11-23 203339.jpg

GeneralXTL

n3wb
Reaction score
Well that's just embarrassing. I never pressed the pause button and forgot it even existed. Thanks!

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well that's just embarrassing. I never pressed the pause button and forgot it even existed. Thanks!
The pause button is in the exact same screen position as the close clip (X) button. If one is playing a clip and inadvertently clicks twice on the close clip "X" button the second click hits the pause button. The clue is that the pause button turns red when live view is paused.