Live monitoring of all cameras

pburgh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a customer that wants to have an LCD in his workshop that shows all the cameras configured in BlueIris. I don't want to have the BlueIris admin open and running all the time just to serve up the video feeds (not to mention the other parts of the UI would get in the way).

Is there a way to provide full screen (tiled) monitoring of all the live video streams?

I'm being asked because his previous system (Samsung) allowed this feature. They had an LCD connected bia VGA that provided a live view of all the cameras.

Thanks!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris does have a maximize button in the corner of the Cameras area that will fill the screen, more or less.

Why not have it open all the time?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a customer that wants to have an LCD in his workshop that shows all the cameras configured in BlueIris. I don't want to have the BlueIris admin open and running all the time just to serve up the video feeds (not to mention the other parts of the UI would get in the way).

Is there a way to provide full screen (tiled) monitoring of all the live video streams?

I'm being asked because his previous system (Samsung) allowed this feature. They had an LCD connected bia VGA that provided a live view of all the cameras.

Thanks!
When you maximize the screen no gui is shown...

pburgh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you maximize the screen no gui is shown...
Oh! I guess I thought maximize also showed the UI controls. I also thought having the UI open all the time would affect CPU usage to some degree. True or not?

Thanks for the replies.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh! I guess I thought maximize also showed the UI controls. I also thought having the UI open all the time would affect CPU usage to some degree. True or not?

Thanks for the replies.
It's does affect cpu..but you should have more than enough headroom on a proper setup..

pburgh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's does affect cpu..but you should have more than enough headroom on a proper setup..
Indeed. My only concern with using maximize is that if the server restarts, they'll have to go in to the UI and click maximize again. The monitor(s) will be on a different floor than the server. I'll have to think this through. They've added to the original request and want one live monitor in the main workshop and another two bays down (100' away). I suppose I could clone the VGA output of the BlueIris server.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Indeed. My only concern with using maximize is that if the server restarts, they'll have to go in to the UI and click maximize again. The monitor(s) will be on a different floor than the server. I'll have to think this through. They've added to the original request and want one live monitor in the main workshop and another two bays down (100' away). I suppose I could clone the VGA output of the BlueIris server.
Nope...you can set it to auto start in maximized state...you should be using digital out...easy to clone and send over ethernet..