Live preview issue

Martyj

n3wb
Reaction score
I've noticed a small problem on my setup at home.
I currently have 6 x Hikvision 2132's, 1 x 2732 and 1 x 4565.

All the cameras are set to a time server.

For some reason on the live preview (note the setting on Cameras / Video during remote desktop is unrestricted), 7 of the cameras are timed perfectly.
If you click on the camera and get the full screen preview, the time is showing the seconds correctly.

On the 4565, I've noted that some of the time, the seconds are timed perfectly, then its like it hangs for maybe a second or two, then catches up. I was watching a car drive past and every now and then its like it gets hung up on a frame or two.

I also run the B.I web interface - thanks to the talented user on here.
I've noted that the 2132's which are running fine all seem to average around the high 7 to 8 FPS.
On the 4565, I note it goes from anywhere around 4 to 5 FPS.

If I use the live view on the camera web interface it seems OK?

On the camera itself, resolution is set to 3072 x 2048, constant bitrate, 15 FPS, i frame set to 15.

The box which is running BI is only sitting on around 25% CPU.

Does anyone have ideas or perhaps contact the BI helpdesk?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the receive buffer set to on the 4565 (Camera Settings > Video > Configure > Network Options). If it isn't, set that to 20MB and see if your problem clears up. And you mention that it is set to a constant bitrate, but don't mention what the bitrate is exactly. Also, are you encoding your feed to other than BVR format? Direct to Disk enabled? HA being used? BI version you are on?

Martyj

n3wb
Reaction score
The buffer is set to 20mb. I made this change which seemed to improve the problem slightly, but still there.
Max bitrate is 16384.
Video format is set to Blue Iris DVR, with direct to disc enabled.
No hardware acceleration used (no onboard video card).
Is Blue Iris version 4.3.0.8x64.

One thing I noticed is that overnight, the time had dropped slow by around 30 sec on the 4565. The jittering / freezing seemed worse when the cam was on nightvision too.

I checked the live preview direct from the cam and the time was correct, so watching the two there was also a delay on live!

When I exited out of the live preview from the camera itself, it seemed to re-sync everything and was displaying 100% correctly again. Hmm.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sounds like your overloading your camera, back off the quality.. you can usually only get full max quality smooth if you start shutting down other features like substreams/motion/etc..

16Mbps CBR seems kinda excessive unless your running 4k camera, try 5-6Mbps for most HD streams, usually dont get any noticeable improvement cranking up the bitrate past that unless your willing to use VBR

Martyj

n3wb
Reaction score
I've dropped the bitrate by more than half, so I will monitor and see how it goes!

Thanks for the advice.