Live.sem stuck?

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've had this reoccurring alert in my Blue Iris log for quite some time and it's getting really annoying and I'm not sure the root cause.

I have 2 Western Digital Purple hard disk drives in my system, a 2 TB and a 6 TB. Half of my 14 drives record to 1 and the other half record to the other drive. If I'm viewing some of my cameras from the web interface that record to the 2 TB drive while it is archiving video files to my NAS, I will get this "live.sem stuck" error and an orange clock will appear in the upper right corner of the web interface saying something about the network speed not being adequate (that's not the issue.) If I view cameras that record to the 6 TB drive while BI is arching files to my NAS, then everything works fine. I have begun to suspect the speed of my 2 TB drive is not adequate during these file transfers and viewing data through the web interface at the same time.

I have attached a few images that illustrate this. The hard drive read/write speed of my E: Drive (the 2 TB one) seems very low. Honestly, my gigabit network should be able to transfer data around ~120MB/s, so the hard drive really is the bottle neck here while data is being archived to the NAS.

Does this sound like a dying hard drive, or something else? Both hard drives are internal and attach to the same set of SATA ports on the motherboard.

Attachments