Live streaming WebCam

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have just plugged in my HikVision POE into an injector switch and have activated the camera using SADP. The camera is still using 192.168.1.64. This is the same IP address as my NVR. I can hear the NVR blurting out some Morse code from the other room and my cameras are all going off momentarily and then coming back online again. I'm going to assume it's because this other camera is running on the same IP address as the NVR. I want to try and set up this new camera as a live stream so I can stream the badgers that visit my garden every night. How do I change the IP address without messing everything up?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
First step is to get the camera off the network. Second step is to use a laptop, or desktop, to reset the IP of the camera. To do that the laptop needs an RJ45 network connection just like a desktop. If using a laptop, disable the Wifi in the laptop so it is not getting an IP address from your router. This step doesn't applyto a desktop that connects by a network cable. The rest of the steps are the same for either a laptop or desktop.

Open network setting in the computer and set the IP address of the computer for 192.168.1.100. Plug the camera into PoE injector and plug the other end of the injector into the computer. Open the web GUI for the camera, in your case by typing 192.168.1.64 into the address bar of a web browser. Log into the camera, go to "settings", "network", (probably) "IP" and set the address to one that is unused on your network. Save that configuration on the camera. Verify that it works by loggin in, again, using the web GUI by typing in the new IP address you assigned.

If using a laptop don't forget to turn Wifi back on once you're done.

Last edited:

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First step is to get the camera off the network. Second step is to use a laptop, or desktop, to reset the IP of the camera. To do that the laptop needs an RJ45 network connection just like a desktop. If using a laptop, disable the Wifi in the laptop so it is not getting an IP address from your router. This step doesn't applyto a desktop that connects by a network cable. The rest of the steps are the same for either a laptop or desktop.

Open network setting in the computer and set the IP address of the computer for 192.168.1.100. Plug the camera into PoE injector and plug the other end of the injector into the computer. Open the web GUI for the camera, in your case by typing 192.168.1.64 into the address bar of a web browser. Log into the camera, go to "settings", "network", (probably) "IP" and set the address to one that is unused on your network. Save that configuration on the camera. Verify that it works by loggin in, again, using the web GUI by typing in the new IP address you assigned.

If using a laptop don't forgetto turn Wifi back on once you're done.
Blimey, that sounds complicated. I think I'll just get a wildlife camera that is designed for filming wildlife.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
It's not all that complicated. You can't have two devices with the same address on the same network. If you don't have a PoE injector you can also use a 12 volt wall wart to power the camera. The whole process should take less than 10 minutes.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Blimey, that sounds complicated. I think I'll just get a wildlife camera that is designed for filming wildlife.

Thanks for the advice anyway.
As @sebastiantombs said, it's really not that complicated....he all but numbered the steps for you....c'mon, man....you can do it!

Last edited:

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will study his instructions and see what I can do. Problem is, I can't do it on my own because I am confined to a wheelchair. So I always need somebody else to assist me.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whomever set up your bird cam and live streaming should be able to do it for you.
I've actually been thinking that I may keep this camera in case one of my other CCTV cameras packs, up. I will probably get another wildlife camera that I can set up to film the badgers.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. It's by much appreciated. But I have decided to keep this camera as a spare in case any of my other cameras pack up. Green feathers sell very nice wildlife IP camera which is made specifically for wildlife videoing. It's a little less conspicuous than this great big camera.

I have been feeling the local badgers for the last couple of weeks and they now visit my garden every night. I'm planning on setting up a live stream with a camera situated very close to where they feed. I've already got a CCTV camera pointed towards where they are being fed at the moment. But I think it would be great to get a live stream, showing a much closer shot of them.