Live view does not show video

Beefarmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After updating to recent update 5.0.9, 3 of my 9 cameras do not show on the UI view. No error messages appear in the blank areas as well. All cams in the same group, In General Tab/settings you can see video and the FPS is working under General and it is streaming to the iphone and remote viewer just fine. You can go directly to the cam IP and see things are fine, but in the main program you can not see the three cams as they are black. Browser interface works fine as well.

Thoughts?

Schnoidz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm also on 5.0.9.3 x64 running Windows 10 on an HP ProDesk 400 G4 Desktop Mini, i5-8500T. Last night as I was watching a front camera the video froze as somone was walking up my driveway. Now all 6 "Amcrest IP8M-T2499EW" cameras will only show a freeze frame when I click on them. The frozen frame is up to date within a second or 2, but it will not display live video. Streaming to my phone or any computer's browser works fine. Even using a browser on the computer running Blue Iris displays Live Video. But the BI console will only show the frozen first frame of the Live Video. Motion triggers are recorded, as well as the 2 cameras that record 24/7. If fact everything seems to be working fine except that the console suddenly stopped displaying live video. As I cycle through the cameras, I do get a fresh updated single still frame for every camera. Multiple reboots and restarts of Blue Iris give the same results each time. Everything had been perfect for months and now suddenly I can't monitor the live feeds from the cameras.

This is my first post and I'm not sure if I should have started a new thread, but it sort of seemed like the same problem. I have no answers.

Beefarmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm also on 5.0.9.3 x64 running Windows 10 on an HP ProDesk 400 G4 Desktop Mini, i5-8500T. Last night as I was watching a front camera the video froze as somone was walking up my driveway. Now all 6 "Amcrest IP8M-T2499EW" cameras will only show a freeze frame when I click on them. The frozen frame is up to date within a second or 2, but it will not display live video. Streaming to my phone or any computer's browser works fine. Even using a browser on the computer running Blue Iris displays Live Video. But the BI console will only show the frozen first frame of the Live Video. Motion triggers are recorded, as well as the 2 cameras that record 24/7. If fact everything seems to be working fine except that the console suddenly stopped displaying live video. As I cycle through the cameras, I do get a fresh updated single still frame for every camera. Multiple reboots and restarts of Blue Iris give the same results each time. Everything had been perfect for months and now suddenly I can't monitor the live feeds from the cameras.

This is my first post and I'm not sure if I should have started a new thread, but it sort of seemed like the same problem. I have no answers.
I have mine working ... what I had to do was drop the video size down ... set one of them to 1080x960 or something and see if that works .. I did so much really not sure what fixed it... also try to change the Anamorphic to off if it is set..

Schnoidz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting, In the Video tab of Camera Settings I found that I had to keep Anamorphic set to ON to be able to change the size. When I turn it OFF it goes back to full size. Still no live feed either way though. I did see that in the General tab I do have live video in the little preview window.

Beefarmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you drop down the video size on the camera itself?

Schnoidz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just tried. I changed the settings in the camera itself and then returned to BI and changed the settings there to match. This time it did allow me to turn off Anamorphic and it held the new lower resolution settings. Same still picture only now in much lower resolution. Tried with Anamorphic both on and off with the same results.

Beefarmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well I’m not much help. May have to add new camera and try one from a fresh start.

Schnoidz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have been a help, thanks! You gave me more things to try and to think about. I really appreciate your suggestions.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Delete one camera, then add it back new, see if that changes things.
Do you have all BI folders excluded from any antivirus?

Schnoidz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Looney. I just deleted a camera and had no change with the other cameras. Then added the camera again and had the same result. I shut down virus protection and tested but had the same result. When I click on a camera I do see 1 or 2 frames of movement before the video freezes. Each time I return to the multi-camera view I see that all cameras have updated to the most recent time, but they all stay frozen there until I make any of them full screen. Then that camera is frozen at the current time. The Blue Iris computer only runs Blue Iris. BI was installed right after Windows was installed. Nothing else was installed after that. Only BI updates and Windows updates.

Schnoidz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No. No changes at all. I rebooted the computer a couple times after excluding the folders, just to make sure the settings held. At one point I left the computer turned off for 30 minutes to be sure it wasn't any heating issues. Today I was thinking of uninstalling BI and doing a fresh install of it.

Schnoidz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm having trouble uninstalling and reinstalling. BI remembers all my cameras and settings after install. I deauthorized the computer and uninstalled. I then deleted the C:/Blue Iris folder and the Program Files Blue Iris folder. Next I ran ccleaner to delete files and scan the registry. I did the registry several times until ccleaner found no errors. I rebooted the computer and used ccleaner to empty files and clean the registry again. I used an older BI5 version that I had on a flash drive from October to do the new install. I started BI5 in Demo mode and it starts up with my 6 cameras on screen, all up to date and frozen on the screen. They all have the banner "Blue Iris Evaluation Version" since I haven't reentered my registration key yet.

How the heck is it remembering my cameras and settings? I was hoping a fresh install of BI would fix my problem.

Schnoidz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SOLVED THE LIVE VIEW PROBLEM!!

The answer was in this thread.
BLue Iris 5.0 live view not working

And now I have also found the answer in this thread.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
SOLVED THE LIVE VIEW PROBLEM!!

The answer was in this thread.
BLue Iris 5.0 live view not working

And now I have also found the answer in this thread.
Thanks for sharing that, it could help someone else as it seems several folks have had this issue, myself included a few weeks ago and later read @fenderman 's cure.

Now I'm the wiser! :facepalm: