Live view doesn't work Need some help

jsan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Everything was working fine for me before and I don't know what happened, but I can't seem to use live view via different IP address. Everything work on local address, but as soon as I tether my phone to the laptop, I don't get live view.

I am able to login into my NVR's page but when I click on the camera, I usually get a little green arrow on the camera icon and then it strarts its live feed. But now when I click the icon, I just get a message saying live view failed.

I did some searching on these forum, and found someone who said to change the protocol from TCP to UDP, I didn't do this before, when it was working. Anyways after doing that I went back on the main page. Now when I click on the camera icon, I do get the green arrow, but there is no video. I can even double click the square and it stays grey in full screen as well.

As soon as I disconnect the phone's internet and use local internet and go to NVR's page using the 192... ip address, everything works fine. And I did re-install the plugin, but I think it was fine because the videos work using local area.

Edit: the phone app on my android phone works fine. I am able to view live feeds on that using LTE internet.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you remap the ports when you forwarded them, such that maybe the live view connection is trying to use the wrong port?

jsan

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. I just rechecked those ports are open. And live view on the app works fine. The app wouldn't work if the ports weren't forwarded correctly, right?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on the app. If you told the app which port to use, or if it was from the manufacturer and was supposed to just know which port to use.

jsan

n3wb
Reaction score
hmm I have my desktop running at my other place and I remotely controlled the computer and opened the link. It works on that computer which is in another province. So I think the issue is probably with my laptop and trying to tether the phone's internet to the laptop.