Live view of camera delay up to 10 seconds vs. real-time, but only when I am not actively using the NVR.

kev269

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I just installed an IP camera system with a Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-LU camera and a Hikvision 7604NI-K1/4P NVR. I have noticed that when I am actively navigating the menu and settings of the NVR and then go back to the live view on my TV, the live view is fine and there is no lag. However, if I leave the room and go away and then come back after 15 minutes or more, I notice that there is real-time activity outside my house with cars driving past, but it shows up on my live view about 5-10 seconds late.

Does anyone know what this could be? I find it very annoying. I hope it is a simple setting, but just for your information I am using a 25m Cat5e cable to connect the camera to the NVR and a 10m Cat5 cable to connect the NVR to the router.

Many thanks for your help,
Kev

kev269

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just been playing around with the settings and nothing has changed, so I am finding it harder to believe that it is due to bandwidth issues. If it was, then surely it wouldn't be working normally when I'm using the NVR with the mouse? Could the camera or NVR be faulty? Is it worth contacting Hikvision? Thanks.