Live view setup

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe someone here can throw some good ideas at this situation for me.

I have an end user (I work at a company and maintain our security systems, we use Hikvision, don't judge).... he needs to view a 4 camera live feed on one monitor and another 4-8 on the other monitor. Right now I have iVMS 4200 running for the monitor with 4+ feeds and I am using the NVR web interface on the other (both are ran off the same pc). This works fine however, I can't set it up so that if he reboots, it'll automatically have his internet explorer cameras up and running. The functionality just isn't there from the NVR's standpoint. Obviously I can create a script that'll get him to the NVR site and log him in but it's a task for him to go through and select the proper cameras in the correctly boxes on the screen , he is very old school. There are over 100 cameras on that NVR and his user only has access to the ones he needs. Can anyone think of a solution for this? I do like the browser because it doesn't have lag to it, iVMS is always behind a second or more and the four cameras he needs on its own screen needs real time for his job. The reason this is an issue right now is because before they were analog cameras and since have been replaced within the last week.

Thanks! I'm sure this doesn't make much sense as I'm fairly scatter brained from a long week. Luckily it's Friday!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd consider installing Blue Iris on a worthy PC, streaming selected cameras either individually when possible (IP cams with RTSP) or as selected channels from the NVR (when cams are analog or IP).

His user account on Blue Iris could be configured for scheduled access, restrict length of use, amount of bandwidth allowed and specific cams to view (if more than just "his" cams are streaming to Blue Iris) and if he can view recorded clips or not, just to mention a few. His account could be non-Admin, he opens a browser to a specific URL (can be bookmarked, made a favorite), logs in to Blue Iris' built-in web server page with a simple username and password which you set up. Easy peasy.

It will log his visits and you can even have Blue Iris notify you when he logs in.

Blue Iris is very inexpensive, highly configurable and used by many on this forum..... no shortage of help and advice here.

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd consider installing Blue Iris on a worthy PC, streaming selected cameras either individually when possible (IP cams with RTSP) or as selected channels from the NVR (when cams are analog or IP).

His user account on Blue Iris could be configured for scheduled access, restrict length of use, amount of bandwidth allowed and specific cams to view (if more than just "his" cams are streaming to Blue Iris) and if he can view recorded clips or not, just to mention a few. His account could be non-Admin, he opens a browser to a specific URL (can be bookmarked, made a favorite), logs in to Blue Iris' built-in web server page with a simple username and password which you set up. Easy peasy.

It will log his visits and you can even have Blue Iris notify you when he logs in.

Blue Iris is very inexpensive, highly configurable and used by many on this forum..... no shortage of help and advice here.
I do own a license for Blue Iris, have never really cared too much for the software and not sure if it's really what I need for this situation. I'm trying to avoid any type of hassle of log in's and he never needs to view recordings just live feed as it pertains to his job of loading and unloading a trailer from his office. I may try to create an internal website that feeds rtsp feeds but was hoping there was a more simple solution.

Thanks for your reply though!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid any type of hassle of log in's and he never needs to view recordings just live feed as it pertains to his job of loading and unloading a trailer from his office. I may try to create an internal website that feeds rtsp feeds but was hoping there was a more simple solution.
You wanted non-hassle login, limited camera views and browser access.........Blue Iris would do that nicely, analog cams via NVR or individual IP cams. IMO, it is the "simple solution".

I think you'll find creating "an internal website that feeds rtsp feeds" won't be as easy for him to access...but best wishes on your quest! :cool: