Loading HD streams stuck at 90%

OREO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to live stream camera footage remotely.

Doing it in "Basic" works fine however I would like it to stream in "HD" which when I do so, it loads to 80-95% and then hangs, stuck and then says failed to play video.

I am on Optus Cable with 1-1.2Mbps upload.

May I ask if anyone else is having similar issues and if so, how did you get pass it allow it to stream in HD?

Thank you.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
More info might allow someone to assist you:
  • What video player are you using? VLC maybe?
  • Encode mode: H.264?
  • Frame rate ?
  • Bit rate ?
  • Frame Interval ?

OREO

n3wb
Reaction score
Apologies...

That was really silly of me to put something on with so little information.

Lemme try again.

NVR:
upload_2018-11-6_8-1-8.png

Camera:
  • Cannot really remember but the it's the dome and bullet ones. I think 1MP if memory serves me right.
  • 4 cameras in total

Camera setting:
upload_2018-11-6_8-0-19.png

Speed test done this morning:
upload_2018-11-6_8-3-26.png

What am I trying to achieve?
I'm trying to live stream footage in HD using the HIK-connect app remotely on an iPhone.
Streaming over "Basic" setting on the phone is fine but whenever I try "HD" on any camera, it'll load up to 90% thereabouts and then get stuck.

upload_2018-11-6_8-14-58.png upload_2018-11-6_8-14-25.png

Have attached 2 thumbnails of what happens when I change from "Basic" to "HD". I noted that it has no data transferring and wonder if that's the cause of it and also what might be causing it. I suspect upload bandwidth but cannot be sure.

Hopefully someone can shed some light and also suggest how I might be able to fix this.

Many thanks.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you doing this local over wifi at the same location as the camera. Or are you doing this over your cell network ? What is your home internet upload speed ?

Test do it at the camera location over wifi ? Does it work, if so you have a cell or internet speed problem.
If not reduce frame rate, quality till it works on wifi.

OREO

n3wb
Reaction score
Doing this from mobile network to home.
Over wifi its ok - Thus I suspect it's the upload speed. However sometimes it does work but jittery.

What frame rate can I drop to?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Doing this from mobile network to home.
Over wifi its ok - Thus I suspect it's the upload speed. However sometimes it does work but jittery.

What frame rate can I drop to?
Set frame rate and frame interval to 10; it that works OK, try 15 for both and leave it there if it works, no need for 30 FPS.

Before you even said it worked OK on mobile I was thinking that for at home 99 Meg down is great but 1 Meg up is strange (especially for 99 down)...I would have expected no less than 2 Meg up, more likely 4 Meg up.

OREO

n3wb
Reaction score
Set frame rate and frame interval to 10; it that works OK, try 15 for both and leave it there if it works, no need for 30 FPS.

Before you even said it worked OK on mobile I was thinking that for at home 99 Meg down is great but 1 Meg up is strange (especially for 99 down)...I would have expected no less than 2 Meg up, more likely 4 Meg up.
I tried setting FR and FI to 10 and both had the same issue.
I wonder what would be the issue?

Would an upgrade of firmware help?

Optus is a load of crap. They advised that I'll need to full reset my modem in order for the problem to go away... else there's nothing they can do.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are others in your area and with same ISP that get 99 meg down ALSO getting 1 meg up? If you're on FaceBook I'd post that exact query of Optus subscribers.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You are trying to send a 6Mbps video stream over a 1.07Mbps connection. Do not expect it to go smooth.