Local Console - Loses connection to Server

Tbully

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All -

I've been using BI for the better part of a year with no issues. Great platform, of course.

I use a dedicated PC in my office connected to an LCD TV to monitor my cameras "live" (as well as record). In other words, I always have the local console up and running on the screen. This has been working great.

Recently, which seems like since one of the latest updates, my console seems to lose connection to the back-end (local) server. The time stamps on the cameras stop incrementing. I can still interact with the BI application just no updated images - they're just frozen. The server continues to record as I get alerts on my phone, can review clips from there, etc. Further, I can still hear logon "pops" through the speakers on the server.

Shutting the BI application (not the server process) and restarting seems to fix the issue for a few hours until it happens again.

Anyone hear of this before? Local firewall getting in the way? (Windows 10) New bug in a recent update?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed anything like that. Maybe the service is crashing and restarting in the background and the console gets broken at that point?

Tbully

n3wb
Reaction score
Good call. That's exactly what appears to be happening. I wonder why the server is crashing and then restarting......especially after being stable for so long. It does always appear to be at the same time of the hour (7:04pm) this last time. I will have to watch that more closely. Probably some sort of backend VSS process or something.....always fun to track down.

Attachments