Local Distillery - VOTE!!

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here in very south western Virginia, we have a local distillery that opened about a year ago. Run by great folks, friends of ours. It is about 30 minutes from us, in pretty much the middle of no where, next to a log home production facility - hand hewn log homes!

Anyways, some website added them to a vote for the best new craft distillery. Surprisingly, they are currently in 11th place. You can vote once per day (per browser for those so inclined. :eek: )

Here is the Link to vote.

If you want to know more about Axe Handle Distilling, here is a link to the FB page. And a link to their web page.

They have a great little stage, and have musicians out there about every week, food trucks, and, of course, the tasting room open. If you are in the area, great place to visit, and if you know what Harvest Hosts is, they are part of that plan.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Man, that place is beautiful! Amazing woodwork (I love wood).
I cast my vote for them, BTW.
The wood work that you see on the cabins, and the distillery is one of the cabins, is all done with an axe. Yes, it is cut with mill saws, but finished with an axe. The axe used by the log home founder (grandfather to the folks who run the distillery) is the axe used on the label on the bottles, and the inspiration for the name.