Local recording

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Added as cards to my cameras and they started to record locally. Quite a bit actually. To the point I cannot compare it to BI.
Is there a way to have it indicate the trigger, smart detection vs ivs? Not seeing it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are many, many camera makes and models which will determine its features. So that a forum member will more likely be able to help you I ask:
What is your camera's make and model?

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There are many, many camera makes and models which will determine its features. So that a forum member will more likely be able to help you I ask:
What is your camera's make and model?
Good call. It is a 5442 from Andy. So Dahua, technically?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I looked at one of my cameras to verify you were wrong, and lo-and-behold, you are correct. Motion and IVS triggers are all "event" on the timeline. I was surprised to see this because on NVR and smartPSS playback, they are shown as different event types.

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah. One thing I noticed is that it appears the camera is triggering on some shadow movements where as deep stack ignores this.

at the same time. Deep stack missed the 5am Amazon delivery on my 5442 but triggered on my ezviz doorbell in literally the same location.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Best practice is to use either SMD or IVS, not both.

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Best practice is to use either SMD or IVS, not both.
Got it. Is one better that the other? I see lots of ivs setup so I assume it, but still just asking. Or is it a per application choice

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For most people IVS is the better option, but it really comes down to your goals and field of view. In some instances SMD is a better choice.

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also. Is video detection then also its own setting? Video detection, smart detection and ivs.

or is video detection the default requiredfor the rest below it?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
They're separate but can be running at the same time. But as wittaj said, in most cases you wouldn't want that. Typically you'd go with one or the other.

No, for example, IVS isn't dependent on the regular video motion detection and doesn't need that box checked on to work. As above, normally you'd uncheck that motion detection box to turn that off.

If using IVS, then you do want the light bulb icon for IVS selected and showing orange under Events > Smart Plan.