logging into my camera.

dennisoates

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My camera that is located in michigan quit working. I am in Florida , the camera shows up as active when I log into the router. i am using a DYN-dns to log into the cameras . the camera is hard wired to the router. I have rebooted the router and had my neighbor turn power off and back on again. I cant use the ip camera finder from Foscam, as I don't have a computer at that location, only the router. Any tips on how i can log into this camera and get it working ? It is the camera that monitors the temperature. i am able to log into my other camera using my dyndns name and port. the ports are forwarded
thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My camera that is located in michigan quit working. I am in Florida , the camera shows up as active when I log into the router. i am using a DYN-dns to log into the cameras . the camera is hard wired to the router. I have rebooted the router and had my neighbor turn power off and back on again. I cant use the ip camera finder from Foscam, as I don't have a computer at that location, only the router. Any tips on how i can log into this camera and get it working ? It is the camera that monitors the temperature. i am able to log into my other camera using my dyndns name and port.
thanks
If the router has vpn you can enable it and it will be as though your are on that network...or forward the ports...

dennisoates

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hello, thanks , ports are forwarded , will check on vpn, but other cams i can log into but they are not foscam

dennisoates

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
very possible, the only hope a have is i see it as active on my router

dennisoates

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I logged into the router and noticed the ip number on the port forward was not the exact as the camera, i changed the 2 digits and now its working, don't know why those numbers changed but anyway its fixed

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I logged into the router and noticed the ip number on the port forward was not the exact as the camera, i changed the 2 digits and now its working, don't know why those numbers changed but anyway its fixed
because you didnt set dhcp reservation or static ip for the camera...it will keep happening.