Login failed - when trying to auth over internet

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

So, I've got a Dahua NVR (NVR2104HS-S2) with 4 cameras connected to it. Everything works fine except authenticating with admin login with Internet Explorer over the internet. I've port forwarded a none standard port to port 80 on the NVR and If I use a browser that doesn't have the plugin installed like Mozilla Firefox I can login successfully, change settings and so on. But If I use a browser with plugin installed like Internet Explorer or Pale Moon I get "Login failed" error. I worked before with Hikvision NVR/Cameras and I didn't have issues with them. Connecting directly to any of the 4 Dahua cameras on port 80 works like a charm, the only problem is with the NVR.

Connecting to the NVR with Smart PSS and gDMSS works just fine, but I need internet explorer too. If using https (443) port I still get Login failed error. Do I have to port forward any other port? Can someone help me with this one?

Using LAN - I can login without a problem.
Using WAN - I get "Login failed"

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Stop!!! Don't port forward anything. Close the port and setup a VPN server (such as OpenVPN) or your next posts will be "My NVR was hacked"!!!!!

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm a SysAdmin myself, I know what I'm doing. Connections to ports are allowed only from specific IP's, all other IP's are denied. So nobody can acces my router and everthing behind it.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you checked the logs on the NVR? Maybe it won’t allow authentication from and external WAN device, is there maybe a setting?

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you checked the logs on the NVR? Maybe it won’t allow authentication from and external WAN device, is there maybe a setting?
Using for example Mozilla Firefox, I can login! But if I use any other Browser like Internet Explorer or Pale Moon that has plugin installed I cannot login anymore. So, we cannot talk about authentication issue. Really can't understand what's going on. Logs are ok, no info about login failed.

Last edited: