Logitech C922 low fps issue

liptiver

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

i'm using a Logitech C922 Pro webcam via USB which is supposed to display 1080p@30 / 720p@60. In Logitech G-Hub / Logi Capture software, the video is consistent with these specifications. However, in Blue Iris, I can't get more than 5 fps in 1080p. It doesn't seem to be a performance issue; the machine still has plenty of capacity. It appears rather that these values are hardcoded in some way. In 1080p, I get 5 fps, in 720p I get 10 fps, 25 fps in 480p, etc. I've disabled all potentials fps/rate limit and tried all the settings I could, any ideas? :(

Here is a screenshot of the video tab/camera status
Sans-titre-3.jpg

liptiver

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi TonyR and thanks for your response,

yes, I've tried pretty much all the options in the Video and Advanced tabs.
Actually, the FPS always correspond to the value that is automatically capped in the "Stream/Format" tab of the "Advanced" button;
every time I open this tab, the settings are reset to default to:
  • FPS: 30.000
  • Compression: YUY2
  • Size: 640 x 360
If I try to increase the resolution to 1920 x 1080 on this tab, the FPS option is automatically capped at 5.000 when I click apply. See:

YUY2.jpg

The only setting that allows me to apply a resolution of 1920x1080@30fps is to change the compression from YUY2 to MJPG, but even when I validate these options, the stream remains at 1920x1080@5fps.
MJPG.jpg

Last edited:

liptiver

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion?

For now, I've managed to 'fix' the problem by utilizing Logi Capture's stream as a virtual camera, but it's obviously disadvantageous and significantly less resource-efficient.

I've managed to make it work at 1080@30 in G-Hub, Logi Capture, VLC, and even in the Windows Camera utility without any trouble. I can't believe there's no way to achieve the same with BI.

liptiver

n3wb
Reaction score
The issue is still ongoing, even the Blue Iris support is not responding...
Still no suggestions here? In that case, could I get advice on purchasing a new USB 1080@30fps camera with a standard 1/4" screw mount, and one that doesn't cause any problems with Blue Iris?