long time lurker 1st time poster in need of Dahua help

dzcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been on this forum reading and trying to figure everything out since last year. i have read stickys, wikis, tools, been all over the forum reading reviews, watching other peoples posted videos,
tried to follow you tube videos, ect. admittedly i am not a huge tech savy person, and some of the terminology used confuses me sometimes.

In February i started by purchasing the following from Andy.

I purchased 2 Dahua IPC-T2231T-ZS cameras and Dahua NVR 4108-8P-4KS2 NVR recorder with a 4TB HDD seagate skyhawk DVR.
i played with these and got everything working. recording and set up. they are mounted around 10' off the ground and facial recognition isnt as good as i expected.
so i must have some settings i can not figure out. i have seen reviews here that have a much clearer picture. mine get fuzzy when the people are moving. i used autofocus to set them up.
also, 1 of these cameras detects motion all night long and records pretty much non stop. i have moved it around, flipped it 180 degrees, i dont know what is causing it.
i live in the country with no outside lights. no animals moving all night. i can watch the recordings of nothing moving?

next i needed to add 2 more cameras and the same ones where discontinued so i got 2 Loryta IPC-T2231T-ZS which i read were the newer version of what i had.
these 2 work pretty well except i can not get them to record on motion. i set them up exactly like my other 2 Dahua and they just wont trigger motion.
again i assume i am missing something in the set up?

On none of the cameras am i able to access the camera specifically through my network. i am only able to access setup through the NVR.
i try to log into my IP address for each camera thru a laptop connected to my wi-fi and it wont reconize them or allow me access any settings.
i have seen where you can go to a screen that is divided in to blocks and you block out things. but i cant find that either. maybe my cameras dont do that?

and lastly, the Dahua android phone app to access the cameras works great when i am on my wifi, but outside of the network, like when i am at work, i may get 1 camera
to load possibly 2 sometimes but they are random as to which ones will show up. is there a better app anyone suggests?

i hope this is the right place to post and thanks for any advice any one can give.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm assuming you have left the cameras settings at factory defaults?
Lets tackle one issue at a time.
Read through this, and see if this helps. then come back with questions.

dzcam

n3wb
Reaction score
thank you looney2ns, i have read many of your knowledgeable posts. i will read these this evening and tomorrow and see what i find. will report back in a few days after i try some of it.
also, im in the hoosier state as well but about as far away from you as i could be! NE corner!