Long time lurker, first time poster

FR1TZZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all!! Been lurking for a while trying to glean as much info as I can. Have already gotten into the whole "didn't do enough research and gotten things I didn't need" boat, but slowly working my way into cameras that fit my needs rather than chasing pricing and MPs...

Current setup:
NVR:
Intel i7 6700K, 16GB of RAM and 1 x 8TB WD Purple Drive. Machine is also a Plex Home Server(20TB Pool), data backup and general repository(2 x 2TB Reds Mirrored and backed up to AWS).
Mobo has a second NIC, so I was able to separate my Camera POE network from my primary network. Still some tweaking to do, but pretty secure right now.

Software:
Blue Iris

Cameras:
2 x Reolink RLC-520(Older Style)
2 x Amcrest IP8M-T2499EW(remember that part I said about chasing MP)
1 x Amcrest IP8M-2496EB-40MM(same as above)
2 x Amcrest IP5M-T1179EW-28MM(finally started learning about Min Illumination)

Anyways take it easy on me for my choices, I am slowly learning the way ;)

Still working on the lingo and have been doing a lot of reading. Appreciate everyone's feedback and look forward to contributing where I can.

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm kinda in your lane. I read, watched, shopped, balked, bought cheaper, regretted it. Now I'm rounding 1st base waving a Dahua and 3 Amcrests in the air saying " hey look at me!"

FR1TZZ

n3wb
Reaction score
I just flashed all my Amcrest cams to Dahua firmware. I won't take advantage of the new features since I use Blueiris, but with the 5MP I am on the edge of the Starlight spectrum, so I am happy about that.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I just flashed all my Amcrest cams to Dahua firmware. I won't take advantage of the new features since I use Blueiris, but with the 5MP I am on the edge of the Starlight spectrum, so I am happy about that.
Did you buy the discounted Amcrest 5mp's that have been talked about around here for a few weeks? I got three of them (IP5M-T1179EW-2.8MM) they seem to resist IR in 3 pretty dark laundry
rooms. Here you can see a grainy iphone shot of the screen showing ambient light from across the hall in 2 room, and one (in use) with light on. Should be enough for my needs at this time.Amcrst.jpg

FR1TZZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you buy the discounted Amcrest 5mp's that have been talked about around here for a few weeks? I got three of them (IP5M-T1179EW-2.8MM) they seem to resist IR in 3 pretty dark laundry
rooms. Here you can see a grainy iphone shot of the screen showing ambient light from across the hall in 2 room, and one (in use) with light on. Should be enough for my needs at this time.
Yeah I have two of those currently. Still working on my night settings to get the best results. My other two are the $100ish 8MP Amcrests -IP8M-T2499EW.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome to forum, be prepared to upgrade :rofl: