Look like a good site.

Holies

n3wb
Reaction score
I have lurked and liked the information posted and wanted to say thanks and hello.

I do have a first question though :) of course.

What would people recommend for a budget (but not that cheap) 940nm (no glow) IP camera usable in BI? The distance would be 6 to 20 feet long and and on a 30 degree cone or close enough.

The Dahua 2MP Starlights look good but might be overkill and don't seem to be 940 out of the box.

Also, does anyone have an opinion on this announcement?
Dahua launched IR Wavelength 940nm IP PTZ Dome Camera | Product News | Intrusion & security information

Thanks!

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello, welcome to the forum, I'll let some of the experts chime in here but it's my understanding that it takes a lot more of the 940 light to compare with the usual 850 light

Holies

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks.

I can buy an after market 940 led array to supplement and the distance to illuminate is short too, which is good. Just wondering if it picks it up.

The reason I ask is that I have a D-Link DCS-942L which doesn't seem to pickup on 940nm.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I can buy an after market 940 led array to supplement and the distance to illuminate is short too, which is good. Just wondering if it picks it up.

The reason I ask is that I have a D-Link DCS-942L which doesn't seem to pickup on 940nm.
use the built in 850...hardly noticeable....noticing the camera is a good thing...not bad.

Holies

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera is close to the street and on the way home from a couple of the local pubs. Sooner or later, probably sooner, it will get a brick through it.
It only tends to be noticeable at night when the red light makes it more obvious.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera is close to the street and on the way home from a couple of the local pubs. Sooner or later, probably sooner, it will get a brick through it.
It only tends to be noticeable at night when the red light makes it more obvious.
if someone could see the lights they can easily see the camera...I think you are over thinking it..

ndstate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The glow is surprisingly subtle. You have to be looking for it to see it, even then they dont stand out.

Holies

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the site have a preferred sales page for me to use for it to get a % commission?