looking at a new 32ch NVR, is hikvision DS-7932NXI-I4/S good??

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
are these hikvision NVR's any good??
DS-7932NXI-I4/S or something else you recommend 32ch 2 hdd's minimum?

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
are these hikvision NVR's any good??
DS-7932NXI-I4/S or something else you recommend 32ch 2 hdd's minimum?
Is good as good Hikvision's NVR's are..
This is AcuSense NVR - so if You have cameras without AcuSense - You can do limited AI processing on NVR.
Only 4 channels (up to 2 Mpx) of full perimeter protection. Or Simple AI motion detection 2.0 done on all channels (but only from 480p sub stream - so quality not so good).

It has low decoding limits - only 16 channels at 1080p (so 8 at 4Mpx, 4 at 8Mpx etc)...
Incoming bandwidth is 320 mbps - if you want use full 32 cams - this can be also a limit.

Hik have a new M-line NVR - which have 2x more decoding limits. But they don't have local AI capability (all cameras must have local AI - AcuSense functions).

If You don't have CCTV system yet - and if you can switch from HIK to Dahua, Dahua have much better solution for 32 cam system.

This is beast, lots of AI power, you can do things like adding searching for the same looking people/car (Dahua AcuPick) from all cams or looking for people/cars by description (height, color, cloths, age, car plane number) - VideoMetaData to modern WizMind-S cams which do Perimeter protection and looking for people/cars...

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have a bit of research to do, most of my cameras are hikvision 8mp probably have 15 of them and around 8 x 4mp

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i have a bit of research to do, most of my cameras are hikvision 8mp probably have 15 of them and around 8 x 4mp
So You should stay in Hikvision world.. or migrate to some VMS..

What cameras You have exactly?
Does they have AcuSense (AI filtering for humans/cars in motion detection)? AI Perimeter Protection?
Are they Full Colour cameras?

What is actual NVR? Why You want to change? what functionality is missing?
What is actual used bandwidth on NVR?

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So You should stay in Hikvision world.. or migrate to some VMS..

What cameras You have exactly?
Does they have AcuSense (AI filtering for humans/cars in motion detection)? AI Perimeter Protection?
Are they Full Colour cameras?

What is actual NVR? Why You want to change? what functionality is missing?
What is actual used bandwidth on NVR?
getting a collection of these now DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL and the old DS-7632N-E2 NVR i have wont record at 8MP and i have found i have to dumb down the cameras for it to record properly.
i have several 4MP IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE dahua as well and few older 2MP ones but moving more towards 8MP now.
used bandwidth on my current one is around 35Mps it is reporting.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
getting a collection of these now DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL and the old DS-7632N-E2 NVR i have wont record at 8MP and i have found i have to dumb down the cameras for it to record properly.
i have several 4MP IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE dahua as well and few older 2MP ones but moving more towards 8MP now.
used bandwidth on my current one is around 35Mps it is reporting.
I can't find that NVR model (there is 7632NI-E2, no 7632N-E2).
But if it won't support 8MP it means it very old construction :)

First problem is that You have mix of HIK and Dahua cams. I don't known which brand is more popular or to which You want migrate.

But You if You choose HIK NVR, then Dahua cams will be dumb (no AI events from them on NVR).
If You choose Dahua NVR, then HIK cams will be dumb (no AI events from them).

If situation looks like most cams are from HIK, a few from Dahua and You want to buy more HIK - then choosing AcuSense / DeepInMind HIK NVR is a solution. If you have more Dahua or want to migrate to Dahua world - then Dahua WizMind NVR.

If you have the same brand cam as NVR - then You use AI event detection / perimeter protection from camera. If You have mixed brands of cam and NVR - then for this channel You must use LOCAL AI processing on NVR. This will give You feature parity - You will have AI events with human / car filtering on all cams (in mixed brand system).

AcuSense NVR (4 chanels of local perimeter protection)

DeepInMind NVR (much higher perimeter protection chanel limits - but it change in each of this models - check in spec!):

Dahua WizSense (lower line - like AcuSense NVR, 4 channel perimiter protection):

Dahua WizMind (higher line, beast up to 32 channel perimeter protection)

PS. If you have higher amount of cams and want to invest in a new NVR then You should check 4/8 disk models. If You put Yours 8MP ColorVu cams into full 8MP mode - please believe they will use a lot more bandwidth and disk storage. Above I put 2 and 4/8 disk models for comparison.

Last edited:

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks, just soo many to choose from these days.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wonder which ones will run 5.0 when it arrives...
All AcuSense and DeepinMind NVR's, to which I gave links have V5.01.060_240110 firmware on product pages and a new manuals with a new UI which looks the same as in this Youtube store:

Zrzut ekranu 2024-01-17 o 08.19.59.png

Other older NVR's have 4.61 or 4.62 on HIK website - so they probably don't receive a new UI.

PS. Please be beware that HIK has long history of having different (older) revisions of the same product under the same product id. They usually add some postfixes (like (B), (C), (D)), but they are usually hidden.

So it is possible that on market are available older versions of those NVR under the same product id, which can't be upgraded (due different hardware). Before ordering from reseller always check with reseller is this a newest version of product, with newest UI / V5.01 firmware.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Other older NVR's have 4.61 or 4.62 on HIK website - so they probably don't receive a new UI.
I took a look at the new User Manual for a model running the 5.0 firmware and noticed the "Applicable Models" section includes all the non-AcuSense I and M series models such as DS-7616NI-I2/16P and DS-7616NI-M2/16P. Maybe there is new firmware on the way for these...