looking for a blue iris compatible wifi camera

dockdoc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 7 PoE cameras wired for security in / around our house connected to blue iris, everything working well.

I'd like to add one wifi camera to use as a temporary baby camera. Are there reliable cameras that do this with decent low-light capability (probably with IR flood)?

PTZ would be a nice bonus but not totally necessary. Not looking for anything crazy expensive / fancy. Appreciate any suggestions!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 on what @wittaj said about the Amcrest IP2M-841, I have 4 of them and 3 are on their own dedicated Asus AP (a wireless router set to AP mode).
It's a re-branded Dahua and is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p (Full HD), IR, 2-way audio, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $40, can be mounted upside-down and the image inverted as needed. Note that its zoom is digital, not optical, as are most indoor cams of this genre and price point.

It comes with a USB Type A male to USB micro male cord, about 10 feet long and is furnished with a UL-Listed 5VDC @ 1.5A adapter with Type A female USB.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the Dahua model equivalent? I could not see this camera anywhere on Aliexpress

Also, is it just 2.4ghz? That would be pretty bad in busy environments. I need to replace 3 Unifi wifi cameras with something else, but it needs to be on 5ghz radio