Looking for a camera that fits the following description:

Reaction score
I'm not sure if my request for information fits the Dash Cam section or not. I'm hoping someone here could help me find the right camera

I'd like to have a "security" camera in the box of my truck as I have valuable pesticides stored there in which I recently had a bottle emptied on me at a customers house. I've been trying to google to find what I want and also tried to buy some cheap $50 cameras on Amazon with no luck.

Features I'm looking for:

• Power: Either 12V or Micro USB
  • Motion Detection
  • SD card storage (or internal) - NO CLOUD BASED
  • Auto Power on when power is detected (the ones I bought need to be manually put on, and the camera is going to be hard to get to)
  • WIFI connection to view videos and download
  • Preferably small and black to be hidden
  • I would like the camera to have just normal network file access rather than a specialty app but I'm not sure this exists?
  • Simple (no screens, nothing fancy required)
I think I would prefer to stay away from a battery powered one as my box can get hot on some days.

If any cameras you know fit this please let me know!

Thank you!

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
If you want it to record when the truck is off then you’ll need one that supports some form of parking mode which also means you’ll need some form of hard wire kit for that cam.

Think you’ll struggle for $50? to be honest, I have a Viofo a119v3 which costs around £100 here in the uk, the hardwire is another £15 which I don’t have, I just run it off a cigar lighter. Even then it doesn’t really work that reliably in parking mode from what I’ve read.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Adorama had the Viofo A119v3 for $80 + tax earlier last month and that included GPS too

If you want it to record when the truck is off then you’ll need one that supports some form of parking mode which also means you’ll need some form of hard wire kit for that cam.

Think you’ll struggle for $50? to be honest, I have a Viofo a119v3 which costs around £100 here in the uk, the hardwire is another £15 which I don’t have, I just run it off a cigar lighter. Even then it doesn’t really work that reliably in parking mode from what I’ve read.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
besides a dash cam, could it be a discrete (hidden) camera? For this particular applications, I use a $50 board 2MP cam with pin-hole lens, but it requires some diy for adaptation (small hole to cover-up the lens). Not sure if you need to "watch" the cargo area (bed) or inside your vehicle.

Last edited: