Looking for a couple of IP Cameras

asif2005

n3wb
Reaction score
Bought a new house recently which had cameras installed everywhere with recorder and a TV/monitor in a walk-in closet (I know right?). I didn't really like the messy setup in the closet and the seller was asking for too much money for the system so I had them take them all out. Now I have all these places indoor near the ceilings and a few outside where the camera outlets have been covered. I am guessing that these were not IP cameras. I don't know how big these holes are going to be when I open up the covers and not knowing anything about mounting the cameras, I don';t know which IP cameras will actually fit the openings I already have but I want to start somewhere. Is the mounting hardware universal to fit all cameras (and the holes in wall behind the covers?)

I will install a couple of cameras and just place them on a desk, shelf or on a counter for now with an intention that they can go into those pre-existing outlets eventually

• I want to be able to watch the live feed remotely, while away from home.
  • I want to be able to be able to record
  • I want to be able watch the recording for a reasonable duration of the past (48 hours?) locally and/or remotely without having to take out the SD card from the cameras, if at all possible.
  • I want to do all of this for under $200 (for a 2-camera setup for now)

Am I crazy? I am ok if that's the case and I will reconsider the above. If not, please give me a few suggestions/pointers/ideas.

Thanks in advance!,

Bentley

Banned
Reaction score
What type wire was used for the old system. That will determine what type camera you can purchase.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@asif2005 You can do with with two hikvision 2132F-IS cameras..and a 45 dollar poe switch...you will most likely need to run new cable if your current setup is analog..

Post an image of the "holes"