looking for a doorbell cam: sd card + browser access + powered by existing chime wires + able to operate existing mechanical chime

norkar

n3wb
Reaction score
hello
looking for a doorbell cam: sd card + windows browser access + powered by existing chime wires + able to operate existing mechanical chime

i have a NEST doorbell cam (without a subscription) that does desktop windows browser access, is powered by existing doorbell wires, and will operate existing mechanical doorbell chime, but I am unwilling to pay any amount for monthly video/photo storage.

so, am looking for a doorbell cam that meets all the requirements listed above (especially free onsite sd card storage).
RECOMMENDATIONS?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
The amrest AD110 and AD410 work good, but " windows browser access" is not part of the equation. But I see it on my Windows pc through Blue Iris. ( Camera 4) plus it connects to Amcrest Smart home app. Not paying for jack.
Ok I just installed Amcrest View pro for windows. Selected auto search and it found my doorbell. entered the admin/pass and it showed as online. Wow.

AmcrestSurveillancePro.jpg
Untitled-6.jpg

norkar

n3wb
Reaction score
The amrest AD110 and AD410 work good, but " windows browser access" is not part of the equation. But I see it on my Windows pc through Blue Iris. ( Camera 4) plus it connects to Amcrest Smart home app. Not paying for jack.
Ok I just installed Amcrest View pro for windows. Selected auto search and it found my doorbell. entered the admin/pass and it showed as online. Wow.

View attachment 138160
View attachment 138157
many thanks. i will purchase the AD410, looks like it ticks all the boxes.

View attachment 138160
View attachment 138157
just went to the blue iris website, it only has paid versions. would you please do a test run on zoneminder to see if the ad410 is compatible?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can download Blue Iris for a free 14 day trial. Simply select the demo at start-up.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can use it for 14 days to test it out as the demo. After 14 days it will watermark the video. Pretty much full-functionality is there with the demo.