Looking for a outdoor wireless camera

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looking for an outdoor wireless camera that will work with my Dahua NVR DHI-NVR5216-4Ks2. Have a WiFi 6 Mesh wireless network and it would be 120 ft clear line of sight. Have good strong signal. 2.5GB backhaul. Also have have power there. Would be good if it was HD 1080 and 15-30fps. I know you might need addition info but would appreciate any help.

Thoughts?

M

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for an outdoor wireless camera that will work with my Dahua NVR DHI-NVR5216-4Ks2. Have a WiFi 6 Mesh wireless network and it would be 120 ft clear line of sight. Have good strong signal. 2.5GB backhaul. Also have have power there. Would be good if it was HD 1080 and 15-30fps. I know you might need addition info but would appreciate any help.
I can think of several ways, all involve getting a decent Dahua or Dahua-OEM camera that is ONVIF/RTSP capable at the onset.
Do you have a budget?

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Budget I am open to anything. I have a Dahua 5231R-ZE on the dock and had a Ubiquiti Nanostation. But the video was pausing and skipping frames even though it was a 1Gb network. So I am thinking about cutting out the middle man and going direct to mesh...

PS - Vietnam vet also :) in NW Florida

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Budget I am open to anything. I have a Dahua 5231R-ZE on the dock and had a Ubiquiti Nanostation. But the video was pausing and skipping frames even though it was a 1Gb network. So I am thinking about cutting out the middle man and going direct to mesh...
Or putting a Nanostation on both ends and configure as a Layer 2 Transparent bridge.
If the Nanostation is talking to the mesh now it is not performing optimally if not running WDS and AirMax.

Last edited:

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well I had a NS Loco M2 setup up as an AP and it was getting interference from all the folks who have built new homes. I purchased a set of NS 5AC and installed them. Found a clear space 40MHz space at 5785 GHZ and the noise floor was at -92 dbsm. Signal was -44 to -46 dbsm. The video still is pausing and skipping frames even at 15 fps HD. Bought new Cam still had issue. Throughput was over 300 Mbps. I am ready to toss the NS Loco 5ACs in the bay. The nano station is connected directly to the router not the WiFi 6 Mesh.

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Please feel free to give advice. Not familiar with "Access Points" except M2s and 5ACs. And I really have not idea about them hence putting a simple wireless IP camera up.