Looking for Advice -- NVR to Match Hikision DS-2CD2132F-IS

Reaction score
Newbie here -- I'm looking for some help in identifying what would be the best NVR to go with my DS-2CD2132F-IS dome cameras. I have 4 cameras and cat6 wiring in place in a new residential application. While there seems to be a lot of product out there at the same time there seems to be a lot of compatibility problems as well. Hence my questions to the experts on this forum. Some of the key features I'm looking for in an NVR is remote access, alarming, motion activated and most importantly ease of set up (I can build a house but electronics and I don't see eye to eye.) Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A nice easy one for me:

4 x cameras DS-7604NI-E1/4P
8 x cameras DS-7608NI-E2/8P

Reaction score
Thanks Del Boy. Excuse my ignorance but when I scanned the manual for the DS-7604NI-E1 there didn't seem to be much if any discussion on remote viewing or even the mention of an APP that can be used on a smart device to monitor the system. Am I just not reading it correctly? Thanks.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
iVMS-4500 works with both of those. If you are only going to have 4 cameras then get the DS-7604NI-E1/4P

You probably read it right, it's complete rubbish. In fact it's so bad that it doesn't even make a good door stop.

Reaction score
I would agree with your assessment and would go so far as to say the "door" would be offended if the manual was used to prop it open. Cheers and thanks for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

Much appreciated!