Looking for Advice

Reaction score
Good morning!

I am trying to set up a new foscam F19821W V2. I plug it in, it has connectivity, but the IP Camera tool doesn't see it. I have tried 3 different cameras. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if the previous admin saved these cameras for no reason.

I am getting a lot of pressure to get this camera up and I am losing my mind trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.
Any advice would be Greatly appreciated!

Thanks and have a great day!

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Apart from throwing the Foscam in the bin and getting a proper camera... If this isn't an option then can you try / advise the following?
How is the Foscam powered and connected to the PC your trying to configure it on? If it's via a switch and power adaptor have you tried connecting it direct to your PC (assigning a static IP address to your PC 192.168.1.10 for example) and trying to access it using the Foscam IP Camera tool?

Has the camera ever worked? Do you get the ring of IR lights when you first supply power? Have you used a 2a power adaptor?

Regards

Reaction score
Apart from throwing the Foscam in the bin and getting a proper camera... If this isn't an option then can you try / advise the following?
How is the Foscam powered and connected to the PC your trying to configure it on? If it's via a switch and power adaptor have you tried connecting it direct to your PC (assigning a static IP address to your PC 192.168.1.10 for example) and trying to access it using the Foscam IP Camera tool?

Has the camera ever worked? Do you get the ring of IR lights when you first supply power? Have you used a 2a power adaptor?

Regards
Ha! None of our Foscam cameras have a ring of lights. I didn't even know they were supposed to. That said, your advice worked and I am in. I was blinded by the irritation lol.

Thanks! Have a great day!