Looking for camera recommendations

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have recently purchased a DaHua NVR5216-16P-4KS2 NVR and I need some recommendations for cameras that will "work properly" with it. By "work properly" I mean plug-and-play cameras that will start recording immediately when connected to the NVR. I have two HFW1320SP cameras (updated with the latest firmware), one HFW2320R-ZS, and several other brand of camera that don't do this. When they are plugged in, they do not connect until I login to the NVR and manually change the device config protocol from "Private" to "ONVIF", and THEN they work. But that won't do. If, for example, I am out of town and have a power failure, I will not have surveillance until I return and change the settings.

I prefer the mini bullet cameras like the HFW1320S, but I am really hoping to see the IPC-HDW5431R-Z dome camera on the list. It's a little pricey, but looks like one nice camera. Also, since I am buying new cameras, 4MP or better would be good. Not required, but good.

Either that, or some setting in the NVR itself to try ONVIF if the Private should fail for whatever reason. Or simply to just use ONVIF instead. Most of my cameras will fall into this category for a while anyway. I have been through every setting on the NVR and I don't see a way to do it.

Thanks,

Wayne