Looking for camera suggestions for first time setup.

bocasbuay

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all, I want to set up security cameras for a pharmacy I own. I was thinking of running the system with BlueIris. I would like to have them indoors and outdoors. Ideally, I would hope for motion detecting specs and maybe sound. The thing is I find so much information online I don't even know where to begin. I also have cameras already installed from a previous DVR system I had which broke down, maybe there was a way of setting the working cameras to the PC and running them with BI? I will post a picture of the terminals. Let me know what you guys think, thank you!

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-19 at 4.11.20 PM.jpeg

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
You have analog cameras, so you can't run them directly to the PC, but Blue Iris will
pull the stream from most DVR's, so without knowing the brand, you will have to try it to find out.

For future cameras, you probably want to read this,

For a Blue Iris PC, read the notes, and figure out how many cameras, and what resolution you would want.
This will let you know how much and what type of PC you will need to run it. Leave a little room for expansion.

It really makes sense to draw out the location and draw in what you want covered, and where you
have to put cameras to cover that area.
It works best to pick up a varifocal camera and place it in each location to figure what lens you need for each, or if you need a varifocal.

whoami ™

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
wish i had asked that question. IMHO from my experience only get turret cams. you'll have to clean dome cams every two weeks or every time it rains hard with the wind blowing in the right direction, only get domes for a covered area like right by the front door used as a replacement for a doorbell cam but obviously a little higher. Doorbell cams suck, dont waist your time with them. varifocial cams suck too they will not be as clear as a stationary cam like a 2.8mm. 2k cams are pointless they just eat up more drive space. get 1080p starlight cams.