Looking for Dahua startlight with wifi

cammy17

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have a IPC-HDW5231R-Z which works great. I am looking for a second outdoor camera, but this will need to be wireless. Is there a comparable model with wifi? Preferably a model that connects directly to 230v or has a weatherproof housing for the poweradapter.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, I have a IPC-HDW5231R-Z which works great. I am looking for a second outdoor camera, but this will need to be wireless. Is there a comparable model with wifi? Preferably a model that connects directly to 230v or has a weatherproof housing for the poweradapter.
Well, if you do have 230v available at the installation spot, and do have the capability do install an installation which is waterproof (do mind condensation too!), I suggest you look into "powerline" (Ethernet over powercable) solutions. Not that good for high speed data transfers, yet 100x reliable than wifi and scrambler-proof. Have a look at https://www.amazon.com/Powerline-Computer-Network-Adapters/b?ie=UTF8&node=1194444.

Hope this helps!
CC

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Skip SD1A203T-GN-W. WDR on it does not work. Kind of a problem and not the only one with that problem.

TaGosa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can I use NVR -> powerline adaptor <----- power -----> powerline adaptor ---> dahua poe cam and record on NVR?
If yes, can I connect two cams (three powerline adaptor one with NVR, one each with dahua cam)?

Is powerline + dahua cam better option than wireless Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Camera 2MP (1920TVL).

I am trying to solve, a situation where I can not run a direct poe wire from my NVR. My NVR is connected to a router and I can connect wifi cam to the same router. I can use powerline ethernet from NVR to cam though.

Any suggestion?

Appreciate the replies. Thanking the repliers.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
SD1A203T-GN-W, this maybe a good choice if perfer starlight, all wifi cams not support poe.

DavidR1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can I use NVR -> powerline adaptor <----- power -----> powerline adaptor ---> dahua poe cam and record on NVR?
If yes, can I connect two cams (three powerline adaptor one with NVR, one each with dahua cam)?

Is powerline + dahua cam better option than wireless Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Camera 2MP (1920TVL).

I am trying to solve, a situation where I can not run a direct poe wire from my NVR. My NVR is connected to a router and I can connect wifi cam to the same router. I can use powerline ethernet from NVR to cam though.

Any suggestion?

Appreciate the replies. Thanking the repliers.
As @catcamstar points out, even though power line adapters aren’t perfect, any type of wired connection is almost certain to be more reliable and less susceptible to interference when compared to WiFi.

If you get your network extended to this new location, you can run several cameras there (any brand/model) over that same power line link but do note that for all cameras in this new location, you’ll need to supply power to the cameras somehow; you can’t power them directly from the NVR. The power line adapters simply create a point-to-point link for the network connection - while your NVR may offer PoE, it won’t be available at the far end with the power line adapter in the middle.

Cameras will need injectors or PoE switch installed at their end to supply power to use only one wire run per camera, or will need to be powered directly with whatever voltage they require in addition to the network connection.