Looking for Great PC Software That will work with my Costco Lorex 4k System

Jimerb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all, i just got a Lorex 4k system (LNR6826K) which connects with power over ethernet (Just 1 cable)

and I'm hoping that an expert here can point me in the direction of a fantastic software program that will help me monitor my house while I'm at home. Obviously free would be nice but I'm willing to pay for software too if it does the trick.

What can you recommend?

thanks

Jimerb

n3wb
Reaction score
Smartpss seems to be working, thank you Tangent! When I installed it i picked the one without the recording components. I see on the web that there is a "professional Version"... Is that a separate download somewhere? Does it cost money?

thanks again.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Smartpss seems to be working, thank you Tangent! When I installed it i picked the one without the recording components. I see on the web that there is a "professional Version"... Is that a separate download somewhere? Does it cost money?

thanks again.
Which version number did you install? It should include PC-NVR, if you choose to install it.

This version is the recommended: - Dahua Technology

The pro version is major overkill for the average Joe.

Jimerb

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed the latest from the Link above. 2.0.1 I think...

I didn't install the pc NVR option. My recording is happening on the hardware that I bought. What features other than recording am I missing by not having that installedl?