Looking for help with a Birdbox Camera.

nigel1705

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
As the thread says I'm looking fro help wih a Birdbox Camera. I purchased one of these "WiFi Bird Box Camera" and set it up.
On the local network the "clunky" CMS5 software works, sees the camera and records footage.
Also I have configured the camera to record internally using an installed microSD card.
Externally I have installed the iCSee Pro software on my Android phone and I can view the camera.

The problem is I wish to have the live view on a PC in a care home. The CMS5 software for reasons I currently don't understand won't run and I'd rather not use it anyway as automating it to open with a live view seems complicated if not impossible. So I was hoping to use something more controllable like VLC player which will work from a command line. The additional complication is that the site the camera is setup up at is on a mobile phone network router which I have so far been unable to configure port forwarding on! The mobile network appears to have two IP addresses which is also complicating things, one is a 10.169. address the other an 82.132. address.
When the camera was on a standard telephone broadband router I had the VLC player working so I know the settings are correct.
My thought process at the moment would be somehow to utilise the "cloud" system that appears to be in use with the iCSee Pro software but my knowledge of how to do this is a big fat zero! So any help with this would be gratefully received.
Regards,
Nigel.

saniaowner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This camera can only work on P2P service or IP. Maybe it has an RTSP string, but I'm not sure. On the site you cannot display the image using the p2p service, because you get this image from the server.
The software works, and I would say well.
Connect the camera to the router, it will receive all the necessary settings and will be able to access the Internet.
Pay attention to the ID for connecting to the camera, sometimes you need to discard the first 4 characters, and enter the remaining digits into the application on the phone

nigel1705

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have sucessfully setup the camera and on-site all works fine. Off-site using the Android phone app (iCSee Pro) all works well too. The issue is with the PC (off-site) at the care home. The CMS5 software wont run on the PC and the RTSP feed which worked on VLC player now doesnt since changing from a telephone broadband system to an O2 mobile router system. I have since found the same camera sold under the brand name of GolBong and there website is more helpful than the original Bird Box camera company's.
Re what you mention about P2P, is this the "cloud ID" configuration, which I'm sucessfully using on the phone? If so is there really no othe way of utilising this using another piece of software?

Thanking you again for you continued assistance with this issue.
Regards,
Nigel.