Looking for Hikvision 5.2.5 or 5.2.8 firmware

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But this is for older cam, not for 5.2.5 or 5.2.8

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You're having a lot of fun here, ain't ya? :)

This is only a good reassurance forum participants interested to get the desired result.
I'm not trying to offend, insult or humiliate anyone whatsoever of the participants, the more viciously laugh or gloat over their failures.
It's very easy to solve and why it is all happening for a long time - is unclear.
Plus, this situation is that in the pursuit of profit a man fully revealed and all of its natural motives are clearly visible.
Hypocrisy, envy, anger, madness - it all comes to the surface.
;)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
IMHO. As you say "It all comes to the surface". Because one can't ("Sell") what one does not own for a profit with their head held high.
One day maybe and that's a big maybe. You will figure out that Hikvision owns the copyright to the firmware so selling that modified firmware or selling any tool that creates a modified version of that firmware. Is creating an a unauthorized "Derivative work" from someone else's copy written code. Because then changes percentage wise to the original copy written work are not substantial enough to be considered or construed as a "New Work".

So, because of that you can't ("Sell") something you don't own ("Legally"). Much like I can't sell your house or car without your permission legally. Get it? You seem to get pleasure as people work on sharing information for free and encounter problems.

That said. People can share instructions on how they can change this or that for free. Because they are not making a profit and selling anything. Because of that, it's not illegal to share free instructions.

As people start to share knowledge for ("Free"). You may need to find a real job ;-) vs. continuing to sell what's not yours to sell.

Don
Don
How you been?
You're a dreamer and a visionary! ;)

1. You're confusing knowledge and information.
2. I do not sell at retail because I'm not interested.
3. Those who need it can afford to buy it without coercion and contemplation of anything. All other solve their troubles into which plunged themselves independently.
4. Even opening this solution is better from it will not. The Chinese will make more money on all the other Europeans, Americans, and others.
5. I do not break any laws and do not infringe on anyone's property, and you're not the accuser in court.

Thanks for the advice, but I do not need any advice, any work.
I've been doing my favorite thing and has no problems.
And you?

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Don!

On behalf of the rest of us stupid people. Twist!
Once you think you're stupid, then so be it

Your Ego actually showed up here 5 minutes before you did. Because it's sooo large it needs a head start.
Your envy is not just blind, but also deprived of reason. ;)

I can assure you that there are many people ("As in thousands and more") who are capable enough to gain this "knowledge and information" and give it away as instructions. That's not speculation on my part. It's fact based.
Don
You just do not understand about what you write!
I think that your army training finally bowled last brains from you.
If it was exactly as you write, then we would not be discussing these issues for a year. ;)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Again. Assuming your using an online language translator. Try another one. Because it's "Air Force training". Please use that new online language translator with the "About Me" link in my signature. So that you can get that right next time.
What do you call someone that sells things to others, that they don't own?
Curious. Do you call them a business person an entrepreneur or a thief?
People can share instructions on how they can change this or that for free. Because they are not making a profit and creating and selling anything to others they don't own. Because of that, it's not illegal to share free instructions.
Don
Don!
Usually when kids do not give what they want, they begin to act up and hysteria attracting the attention of others.
Of course children can not make the argument that it is necessary to share information with others because they have not developed so much selfishness and greed, because they have other questions.
But you're stuck in the middle!

In addition, you use double standards.
But that's your problem, not mine.
If you use the term thief, then start with yourself, and then move on to all forum members interested in the issues of how to make cheap equipment is more expensive, for which they have not paid.
You just ridiculous!
;)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No child here, I'm not stuck or using double standards. Just the law.

People can share instructions on how they can change this or that for free. Because they are not making a profit and creating and selling anything to others they don't own. Because of that, it's not illegal to share free instructions.

That said. Selling someone else's property or selling a tool to can create a "Derivative work" from someone else's copy written work. Is not the same.

What CBX and you have been doing is not considered a "New Work". Because it's not different enough from the original copy written software after the ("Hack") percentage wise. To be considered or construed in any court of law as a "New Work" or AKA an original work. Because of that, it's a unauthorized "Derivative work". Created without permission, from the original copyright holders work and no ownership can be claimed by CBX or anyone doing the same for that matter, due to that fact. You have no legal right, to sell it or create tools for sale that can produce a "Derivative work" from it. Because the original copy written work is not yours to sell even with minor modifications.

I quote:

"What does a copyright authorize the copyright owner to do, or to restrict others from doing?

Subject to certain limitations, a copyright owner has the exclusive right to:

•reproduce the work by making copies of it;
•distribute copies of the work to the public by sale, donation, rental, or lending;
•prepare new works derived from the original (for example, a novel adapted into a play, or a translation, or a musical arrangement); and
•publicly perform or display the work.

Anyone who does any of these things without authorization infringes the copyright and can be liable to the copyright owner for damages. In some cases, in lieu of proving actual damages, the copyright owner can recover statutory damages of up to $30,000, or up to $150,000 if the infringement was willful, for the infringement of a work. Infringement can also be a crime, punishable by fine or imprisonment."

From: http://ogc.harvard.edu/pages/copyright-and-fair-use

I will do my best here one last time. To help you try to comprehend what a "Derivative work" based on copy written work owned by someone else is. When it's created without the copyright owners permission to do so. By supplying this link. I can't make or force you read any of this however:

Copyright in Derivative Works and Compilations

It matters little if you don't sell the firmware outright and simply sell a tool that modifies the firmware. Because the end result produced by the sold tool is a "Derivative work" of someone else's copy written code being produced by the tool being sold. Without the sold tool that "Derivative work" of someone else's copy written code would not have been produced.

Again. People can share instructions on how they can change this or that for free. Because they are not making a profit and creating and selling anything to others they don't own. Because of that, it's not illegal to share free instructions.

Don
blah, blah,blah,blah,blah,blah, blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah...................law
;)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Please study the law. These are not my feelings or emotions. These are laws that have nothing to do with me and or how I feel. Nobody asked me for my opinion when they created these laws in your country, my country and virtually every country in the world.
This is one of the things that makes me wonder.
With an attitude like this and ethics like this. Why should I or anyone else believe that there are not "Back Doors" or "Malware" not included in this deal of selling someone else property?
Just saying, you and CBX have already proven that your moral compass is off enough to disregard the law already. So, where do your ethics begin/end?
Secondly. I find it kind of ironic to be paying someone for someone else's property when the entire reason for installing security cameras is to capture others trying to do the same with my properly. LOL! Sounds like inviting bad karma to me. If that's possible to do. Can't think of a better way to do it.
Again. People can share instructions on how they can change this or that for free. Because they are not making a profit and creating and selling anything to others they don't own. Because of that, it's not illegal to share free instructions.
Don
What are you talking about?
You're drunk or you do not cut into what is happening?
;)

bubba123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I obviously need to unsubscribe from this thread :) I'm all for free market, but when you knowingly hide your activities and are making money by circumventing vendor controls, you obviously know you're doing something questionably legal (at least in the US). I could care less about Hik locking down their firmware; I paid a whole $1 more for a legit US version vs. hacked Chinese. That's a lot less than I'd have paid some random person via a forum to hack my hardware.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Please get a new online translator and read the copyright law or have someone explain the laws to you, that knows something about copyright law. In your country and other countries you sell others goods that you don't own. Because insulting me, does not and will not change these laws or make those laws somehow "Go away":
http://ogc.harvard.edu/pages/copyright-and-fair-use
http://copyright.gov/circs/circ14.pdf
Don
Maybe you need it? I certainly do not need it, I did not break any laws.
I'll use what I saw fit and the translator, who felt it necessary to go on to enrage you.
I repeat once again for the stupid and idiots, I do not sell!
;)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No need. Your laws there are publicly available, on the Internet. Even to you!
Please click the below. Since it would seem or appears, that you have some sort of disability that does not allow you to find this information on your own or maybe your just to busy selling others copy written work:
Copyright law of the Russian Federation
Don
Really???
You opened my eyes!!!
;)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Don!
You're blind and can not see the obvious.
For ex. bottom of the page.
;)

Yes, besides you not to understand writing.
Oops. maybe it's due to the fact that I continue to use the same translator?
;)

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good catch. So that's the reason he's so upset. Lying to people here, telling them that he has no financial interest and yet it's all about the money. Try and discredit me for offering information for free when he's in the business of selling a competing solution.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good catch. So that's the reason he's so upset. Lying to people here, telling them that he has no financial interest and yet it's all about the money. Try and discredit me for offering information for free when he's in the business of selling a competing solution.
Carl!
Well, where have you been?
Your authoritative opinion straight to the point!
;)