Looking for Hikvision rep

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would like to buy some Hikvision cams. Allot of people point to Aliexpress / Amazon.

The price for one Hikvision cam can vary as much as $100 it seems. Why is this?

Any direct reps I can contact via Skype or this forum?

Thank you!

Pic attached is showing price difference in same cam. Where is best place to buy Hikvision Cams?

Last edited:

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pic attached is showing price difference in same cam. Where is best place to buy Hikvision Cams?

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
dont buy grey market Hik's unless you know what your doing and understand the downsides..

check out Dahua instead, you can buy em anywhere you can find em and they will all work with eachother without any bullshit 'language mismatch' errors.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I would like to buy some Hikvision cams. Allot of people point to Aliexpress / Amazon.

The price for one Hikvision cam can vary as much as $100 it seems. Why is this?

Any direct reps I can contact via Skype or this forum?

Thank you!

Why not purchase private label HIK then - that will be easier and most cost effective in the US. Check out Nelly's Security H series. http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/ip-cameras.html?brand=49

Those are Private Label HIK Hardware. Nelly's supports them and provides the 3 year warranty and you are getting HIK. If you want US Hikvision OEM retail box hardware plan to pay a premium.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
If you buy anything that has been hacked it will be a bullshit language mismatch and any other magnitude of problem, if you buy an official anything it will be fine, Nayr prefers Dahua and some of us prefer Hiks, both have perfectly reliable hardware, from what i know which is not as much as some others, Hikvision has slightly better software both on there hardware in the form of firmware and as a user interface, my take is Dahua is more the enthusiast market Hikvision is used more in the professional market

In the US IF you can find a proper supplier of Hiks you will be fine, in the Uk we have proper suppliers and reps if needed, i appreciate it does not help US users but does show Hiks are not produced to provide " Bullshit language issues" only hacked trying to get them cheap versions are

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
If you buy anything that has been hacked it will be a bullshit language mismatch and any other magnitude of problem, if you buy an official anything it will be fine, Nayr prefers Dahua and some of us prefer Hiks, both have perfectly reliable hardware, from what i know which is not as much as some others, Hikvision has slightly better software both on there hardware in the form of firmware and as a user interface, my take is Dahua is more the enthusiast market Hikvision is used more in the professional market

In the US IF you can find a proper supplier of Hiks you will be fine, in the Uk we have proper suppliers and reps if needed, i appreciate it does not help US users but does show Hiks are not produced to provide " Bullshit language issues" only hacked trying to get them cheap versions are
^^^^ All that - That's not very accurate....

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Chinese language dahua cameras work fine with english language video recorders and vice versa; and ive converted Chinese to english my self and it was pretty easy since they have no bullshit crypto verification going on.. they also rejected straight out english firmware instead of attempting to flash and giving me a brick.

Dahua software is very professional IMHO; and it has better cross platform support.. for example Hik's OSX Support is pathetic in comparison.. just because it has a dark themed webui dont mean its not a great interface and unprofessional.

I'd only recommend HIk's if your getting rebrands from offical distributers only, like LTS or Nelly's

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
If you buy anything that has been hacked it will be a bullshit language mismatch and any other magnitude of problem
This isn't an accurate statement. Tons of people purchase gray market cameras and they work just fine. They do NOT all result in a language mismatch or other problems. If you are experienced with this technology and understand what you are getting into you may purchase AE/gray market cameras with little to no issues. I am not a fan of them personally. I like hardware that carries a solid warranty and can quickly be replaced in the US next day so I stay away from AE and Gray Market cameras. In my personal experience you can also find US hardware with multi year warranty for little markup compared to AE so I'll spend the extra $10 - $15 per camera to have it next day, a 3 year warranty, and upgradable firmware.

Hikvision has slightly better software both on there hardware in the form of firmware and as a user interface
This is a Ford vs. Chevy type statement. I use HIK hardware, only have played around with a few Dahua cameras, but I find both to offer the same feature sets/options. I would also be willing to bet that a hardcore Dahua user would flip your statement and see it in reverse.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Chinese language dahua cameras work fine with english language video recorders and vice versa; and ive converted Chinese to english my self and it was pretty easy since they have no bullshit crypto verification going on.. they also rejected straight out english firmware instead of attempting to flash and giving me a brick.

Dahua software is very professional IMHO; and it has better cross platform support.. for example Hik's OSX Support is pathetic in comparison.. just because it has a dark themed webui dont mean its not a great interface and unprofessional.

I'd only recommend HIk's if your getting rebrands from offical distributers only, like LTS or Nelly's
Which re affirms my thoughts, Dahua cameras are better for the enthusiast as they allow users to mess with the firmware without issues where as Hiks are designed and or locked down to not allow this to happen, both can be used by anybody but for the enthusiast who wants to play with firmware, Dahua is the manufacture of choice, OFFICIAL Hiks for support, availability and a better UI...in the Uk, cant speak for US availability, as for OSX... honestly who cares, if you own a mac surely most users would be happy with foscam

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This isn't an accurate statement. Tons of people purchase gray market cameras and they work just fine. They do NOT all result in a language mismatch or other problems.

This is a Ford vs. Chevy type statement. I use HIK hardware, only have played around with a few Dahua cameras, but I find both to offer the same feature sets/options. I would also be willing to bet that a hardcore Dahua user would flip your statement and see it in reverse.
Agreed if there left alone, and i have no doubt Dahua users would say there UI is better but without using Dahua software on the PC, DVR and mobile device including handhelds i have no way of arguing for the better

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hik's are super easy to modify and hack; thats why the grey market exists.. it just puts in hurdles that are easy to walk around.

Many people have reached out to Dahua support with good success; I personally havent tried, but from what I understand nobody asks for your serial number or where you bought it from before they consider assisting you.

and fuck your mac comment; I own a couple mac's.. not including the one my work provided me and just about everyone in my company and we manufacture IP cameras too.. so thats a total bullshit comment.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
as for OSX... honestly who cares, if you own a mac surely most users would be happy with foscam
Talking out your ass with comments like this will make you lose all credit here; congratulations. I have both PC's and MACs in my home and they both serve a purpose. I'll take MAC laptops hands down over any PC.

but without using Dahua software on the PC, DVR and mobile device including handhelds i have no way of arguing for the better
So you are making comments and interjecting in a thread you have no understanding of... You are making assumptions and statements about hardware you don't even use...

SMH - hiky, by chance did you have another user name that started with a K.... I'm having flash backs..... :eek:

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Talk out your ass with comments like this will make you lose all credit here; congratulations.

So you are making comments and interjecting in a thread you have no understanding of... You are making assumptions and statements about hardware you don't even use...

SMH - hiky, by chance did you have another user name that started with a K.... I'm having flash backs..... :eek:
Lol Nope, what you gona hate on me because i think apple sucks ... c`mon wake up and smell the president lol

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Would it be accurate to say you use Dahua because it has a better OSX UI or not ?
nope, but it is one of the reasons.. its accurate to say I use Dahua because they dont try to prop up a dying business model by trying to lock down distribution channels to specific regions of the world.. I also use dahua because they set the bar for PTZ cameras that even Hikvision cant come close to competing with.. then somewhere way down the line yeah, I like that it works on my Unix workstation pretty damn well without requiring a piece of shit windows box to use it.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
nope, but it is one of the reasons.. its accurate to say I use Dahua because they dont try to prop up a dying business model by trying to lock down distribution channels to specific regions of the world.. I also use dahua because they set the bar for PTZ cameras that even Hikvision cant come close to competing with.. then somewhere way down the line yeah, I like that it works on my Unix workstation pretty damn well without requiring a piece of shit windows box to use it.
But what has any of that got to do with the original post ?? the OP wanted to look into purchasing Hiks or having a chat with a Hik rep, Nayr mentioned grey market Hiks need caution if purchasing and advised to look at Dahuas instead, ZD advised to look at private label Hiks, i said aint nothing wrong with Hiks if you purchase OFFICIAL... ok they all have there oddities so dont take that literally

you both then wade in with your size 9`s on kicking up crap because why ?? you dont agree with me... seriously !! get to grips guys, maybe your presidential election fever is getting too much for you lol, if you think i`m out of line coz i think crapple sucks... guess what i still do :) now calm your keyboard warrior selfs and help the OP, anyone know of a rep in the States that can help him

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
now calm your keyboard warrior selfs and help the OP, anyone know of a rep in the States that can help him
The third comment in the string was "helping the op out"... I explained private label HIK hardware and where to get it...

You then interjected and took the OP off track with comments about firmware (even though you've never used Dahua firmware, followed by comments of gray market cameras not working and being crap). Nayr and I then simply started poking holes in your crap statements after YOU went off topic...

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The third comment in the string was "helping the op out"... I explained private label HIK hardware and where to get it...

You then interjected and took the OP off track with comments about firmware (even though you've never used Dahua firmware, followed by comments of gray market cameras not working and being crap). Nayr and I then simply started poking holes in your crap statements after YOU went off topic...
Bullshit language mismatch... Yah... that was a quote from Nayr... just saying ;)

as i said probably more than once, i dont use Dahua so cant comment but my take from what i know is Dahua is more enthusiast Hik is more for professionals... install set and leave

Now IF you install Dahua more than Hik, fair enough dont get your gander all up in the air